• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2017 MLB Trading Block

It's really not like real life though, guys aren't signed for lifetime contracts and team budgets aren't unlimited. In real life at least there are FA's every year, the Rule-5 draft, etc.

Not about money at all btw.

I know it's disheartening to have a bunch of injuries... especially early on. But I hope you tough it out. Like I said, you've always been a good manager and it would suck to lose you.

I always look at putting guys on the DL as an opportunity to add some potential "hidden gems." Of course you usually end up adding guys that don't do anything. In past years I've added guys like JD Martinez, Kuechel, Chris Carter, , Charlie Blackmon, Pomeranz and others who either had a good year or went on to be studs when I had injuries.

Good luck either way.

Yeah, I've been impressed with some of the moves you've made Braby, and have really enjoyed having you in the league. I know injuries can be pretty disheartening, and what happened with Jose Fernandez obviously sucks in every way imaginable. This league isn't easy, and that's part of what makes it so fun. But despite how deep it is, as others have said there are always good options available on the wire or in trade.

I like your strategy overall, and really hope you reconsider.

Good point re Jose Fernandez. I had him in the FI keeper league and that legitimately made me consider dropping out. I ended up sticking around but it was incredibly disheartening.

You all make great points. It comes down to (seemingly) being continually disappointed & wondering why I put myself through this haha. I will certainly play the season out, I would definitely not just bail on the league. I have paid for the season & I'm not looking for my money back, so that's all good! I just wanted to reach out incase anybody comes across a potential owner during the season that would be a good fit for the league.

In the meantime, I'm looking to re-tool. Not blow the team up, but I have some good pieces that could help a contending team that I'm willing to move, like Lorenzo Cain for example. Let's talk!

Good to see you are going to stick around for this season at least. It's a tough league, but worth the work imo.

Fantrax just added Sabermetric stats to their roster pages. Sexy.

Just a few basic ones. But yeah, nice to see BABIP, FIP, wOBA and a few others in there. Thames with his sexy .549 wOBA which he'll totally keep up with the rest of the season (at least, as long as he keeps playing the Reds. I think he's gotten 34 points against them in 5 games)

Just a few basic ones. But yeah, nice to see BABIP, FIP, wOBA and a few others in there. Thames with his sexy .549 wOBA which he'll totally keep up with the rest of the season (at least, as long as he keeps playing the Reds. I think he's gotten 34 points against them in 5 games)
Yeah it's nothing crazy but progress nonetheless.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I guess we don't really have an in-season thread going. Just a reminder to people to pay attention to their minor leaguer's games as they start no longer being minors eligible. Cuthbert, Leon, and Wisler have passed the limits and can't be stashed anymore. Especially for bullpen arms, those games can sneak up on you fast.

Back