• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-20 Canes Miscellaneous News Thread

I'm WAY more comfortable with Forsberg in there, and I think our D is too.
I mean ... he's not "better" than Ned, but he sure is more predictable. That means something at this level. He's much more similar to Reimer style-wise than Ned, and that's who he'd be slotting in for.

I noticed ticketmaster screws up the pay as you play option for the playoffs. It says the total is due at the start. My ticket guy PJ Morin says they know ticketmaster does not do it right but the Canes can fix it on their own.

Sara Civian has a story on the direct impact to the Canes.

Most teams playing in Detroit stay i. The same hotel. The Utah Jazz stayed in the hotel 24ish hours before the Canes got there. At that time, there were no positives, we only found out later that Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell had tested positive. John Forslund and digital content producer Zack Brame stayed in the rooms that Gobert and Mitchell stayed in. So now they’re monitoring for any symptoms and waiting for test results.

Last edited:
Wonder if PNC melts the ice since it uses not a small amount of power to keep it frozen. And by the time season starts up (it it does) the new practice place might be ready

UNCW BB team and staff are in self imposed quarantine because a ref from a game tested positive

Cary cancelling or postponing all town events with 100 or more people. Cary senior center closed too.

Wake County Libraries are cancelling all special programs. As for right now, all of the libraries are open for their normal hours.

Wonder if PNC melts the ice since it uses not a small amount of power to keep it frozen. And by the time season starts up (it it does) the new practice place might be ready

UNCW BB team and staff are in self imposed quarantine because a ref from a game tested positive

Cary cancelling or postponing all town events with 100 or more people. Cary senior center closed too.

The arena webcam is offline at the moment but I can’t imagine they’d keep the ice.

The arena webcam is offline at the moment but I can’t imagine they’d keep the ice.
There was a picture of the setup crew working ahead of the Billie Eilish concert yesterday and the insulation board they put over the ice were in place. So at least as of yesterday they hadn't begun taking out the ice. You'd assume they would, however. It costs a lot to keep it intact and to dehumidify the building so the ice doesn't get brittle.

Dundon working on a plan to pay part time arena workers. I would guess they would be paid for the remaining home games which is 8 games

And let’s be honest ... the owners who haven’t figure everything out yet should be cut a break. This stuff is all happening quick and most of them have other, perhaps more pressing interests to consider. The ones who have stated they aren’t doing anything ... Jacobs, et al ... SHOULD be publicly shamed. Not that those Montgomery Burns looking creeps really care that the public hates them, but whatever

Russian guy says rumor is 24 teams in NHL playoffs . NBA is talking about staying out until June. Some NBA players could miss the Olympics if that happens, assuming the Olympics are not delayed

Back