• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-20 Canes Miscellaneous News Thread

True on both points. I do NOT miss Obstruction Unlimited on defense, but it's easy to watch Archie doing his thing and miss that. I loved that little semi-autonomous trash can.
Speaking of Archie, he almost pulled the upset against the Leafs in a nice little Cinderella playoff run for the Sharks way back in 1994. They came a game away from winning that series in a Game 7 vs the Leafs in 1994 when Irbe was a much younger man. I still lived in Canada in 1994 and I remember Irbe way back then taking the upstart Sharks to one win away from the Conference Final with a very average Sharks team that was the 8th seed in the playoffs and qualified for the playoffs with the fewest amount of points of any playoff team that year.

He's still deeply beloved in both markets by fans of a certain age. Irbe was a gem, man. An under-appreciated little badass.

His ex wife and kids appear to still be here, at least she owns a house.
Pretty sure you’re right. It’s been a few years, but I met her at my sister’s house. They are neighbors (little sister is a denti$t). My bil and Irbe are good buddies still.

Fox Sports South has a roundtable at 9:00 tonight on The Return of Hurricanes Hockey. It has John and Tripp, Shane Willis and Kenny Albert.

Luke DeCock has breaking news from the Centennial Authority meeting today. The original PNC Arena organ will be auctioned online on June 18, with proceeds going to the Carolina Hurricanes Foundation and a hospitality relief fund.

first round is 5 games, rest are 7. Teams will be reseeded after each round.

They could get a nice keyboard for $1000 if they wanted and it would sound almost the same.

Always loved the playing of "Brain Damage" to reviews of bad reffing calls.
They also played it sometimes during lengthy stoppages for injuries, including some head injuries. I’m just reporting the facts and I shan’t editorialize.

canes not opening facilities yet. New place is opening in July so maybe they are waiting for that . Only 8 guys in town .
Yeah ... those 8 guys are basically on off season standing and can rent their own ice time at RCI or where ever. I'd also guess that they'll be hoping they get the new facility opened before they bring everyone back more formally.

the guys who stayed here are Hamilton, Pesce, Staal, Svech, maybe Williams. And a few more. Maybe Hamilton left since he's healthy now.

Williams is definitely still in Raleigh. Svech is here with his brother and people keep taking pictures of them hanging out at North Hills, which is ... fine. Slavin is still in town too, and I'm pretty sure Hamilton is still here because he was still doing physical therapy as of about a week ago. Not sure who else is local at the moment. So, if nothing else we've got a defense pairing and one line ... fun.

Back