• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-20 Canes Miscellaneous News Thread

Canes are having a send off at PNC tomorrow. Details will be released later today, but the busses leave at 5:30.

According to Sara Civian and others, Hamilton’s injury isn’t related to the broken leg and his return is weeks, not months. So he’s out for the Rangers series.

The details of the send off are on the website. Fans will park along Peter Karmanos, Jr. Drive and in the 3000, 4000 and 5000 lots on the west side. Fans must remain in their cars, no tailgating, no restrooms are available.

Here is the Canes roster. Ryan Suzuki isn’t on the roster, I don’t think he signed a contract yet. Clark Bishop and Roland McKeown are on the list.

This is a copy and paste from the NHL site. If you click on the player’s name, it will bring up his page in the NHL site.

Forwards: Sebastian Aho, Clark Bishop, Ryan Dzingel, Warren Foegele, Morgan Geekie, Steven Lorentz, Jordan Martinook, Max McCormick, Brock McGinn, Martin Necas, Nino Niederreiter, Jordan Staal, Andrei Svechnikov, Teuvo Teravainen, Vincent Trocheck, Justin Williams; Defensemen: Jake Bean, Joel Edmundson, Haydn Fleury, Jake Gardiner, Dougie Hamilton, Roland McKeown, Brett Pesce, Brady Skjei, Jaccob Slavin, Trevor van Riemsdyk, Sami Vatanen; Goaltenders: Anton Forsberg, Petr Mrazek, Alex Nedeljkovic, James Reimer

Suzuki signed his entry level deal Sept 2019. He had zero chances of playing really, plus its a much better idea to load up on guys with pro experience given the circumstances.

Sara Civian has an article on the state of the defensive corps. The pairings after Hamilton went down were:

Slavin/Vatanen
Gardiner/TVR
Skjei/Edmundson
Fleury/Bean

We may get some mix and match in the exhibition game on Wednesday. I also want to see who runs the 2nd PP unit. I’m sure Vatanen will run the first unit, will the 2nd be Slavin or Gardiner?

Did they ask the guys for permission to do that first, or did they just stalk their social media and harvest pics like freaking stalkers? I know it's a nice gesture. It's also more than a little creepy, yes?

Did they ask the guys for permission to do that first, or did they just stalk their social media and harvest pics like freaking stalkers? I know it's a nice gesture. It's also more than a little creepy, yes?

Michael Smith says in a later tweet that the team organized it, not the league, so I’m sure they had permission. And where the guys posted pictures of their pictures on Instagram, and thanked the league, it doesn’t sound like they’re upset by it.

Michael Smith says in a later tweet that the team organized it, not the league, so I’m sure they had permission. And where the guys posted pictures of their pictures on Instagram, and thanked the league, it doesn’t sound like they’re upset by it.
OK ... if the teams organized it, then it was probably discussed ahead of time. Forgive me, but not everybody lives a very public life and the way that thing has been presented set off a few flares for me. Probably just my experience with battered women's shelters kicking in.

OK ... if the teams organized it, then it was probably discussed ahead of time. Forgive me, but not everybody lives a very public life and the way that thing has been presented set off a few flares for me. Probably just my experience with battered women's shelters kicking in.

Maybe the team enlisted the help of the wives and gfs to make it less stalky,

RBA says Hamilton and Necas are doubtful for tomorrow. Mrazek and Reimer will both get time in goal. It will be interesting to see what Reirden does without Samsonov. My guess is that Copley will be the backup, he was last season before Samsonov beat him out this year.

Yeah ... and mediocre as Holtby was this season, Copely didn't play any NHL games at all and wasn't all that good in the A, either. Holtby has been a money guy in the playoffs for them for a fairly long time. They'll just hope they can count on him to find something and make it work.

Plus ... Rierden isn't smart enough to do anything other than make the safest bet. Copely could be standing on his head in practice while Holtby literally takes a nap in the crease and Holtby would still get the nod.

RBA says Hamilton and Necas are doubtful for tomorrow. Mrazek and Reimer will both get time in goal. It will be interesting to see what Reirden does without Samsonov. My guess is that Copley will be the backup, he was last season before Samsonov beat him out this year.

Sara tweeted that RBA's quote was "not gonna happen". "Doubtful" seemed generous, given the time frame we've heard about Dougie.

Yeah ... and mediocre as Holtby was this season, Copely didn't play any NHL games at all and wasn't all that good in the A, either. Holtby has been a money guy in the playoffs for them for a fairly long time. They'll just hope they can count on him to find something and make it work.

Plus ... Rierden isn't smart enough to do anything other than make the safest bet. Copely could be standing on his head in practice while Holtby literally takes a nap in the crease and Holtby would still get the nod.

For sure. Brind’Amour coached circles around him in the playoffs last year.

Just saw TV writer/producer David Kelley was a stick boy for the Whalers in 72-73. He also played hockey at Princeton. He created Ally McBeal, the Practice and other shows.

Back