• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Panthers may need a starter , and the owner seems willing to spend. Also I could see Rivers to the Panthers since he played for NCSU

And had served as a Giants assistant

1 year with the Giants. All his other experience is in college. He spent 4 years at Western Carolina. There will be a learning curve and he needs to hire good assistants which should probably not be a problem given Tepper's money.

The Giants appear poised to hire Pats' wide receiver coach Joe Judge as head coach. Giants Nation will not be pleased.

Tepper would have been better off with Mike McCarthy in my humble opinion, they needed a guy with some years under his belt in the league and Rhule just seems too green.

The Giants appear poised to hire Pats' wide receiver coach Joe Judge as head coach. Giants Nation will not be pleased.

Judge is 38 and never been a OC or DC. Only 8 years in the NFL . Seems like a panic hire. Giants owners are cheap and this shows it

Rhule gets 7 years / $60m. Hopefully it's all guaranteed since he may not make it beyond year 3.

Last edited:
Judge is 38 and never been a OC or DC. Only 8 years in the NFL . Seems like a panic hire. Giants owners are cheap and this shows it

Rhule gets 7 years / $60m. Hopefully it's all guaranteed since he may not make it beyond year 3.

Rhule’s salary is 5th highest in the league, behind Belichick, Carroll, Gruden and Payton. And Tepper paid a $6 million buyout to Baylor.

Giants Nation, at least this corner, isn’t happy with Judge, although reports are that they started working on the deal last night, leading to Rhule taking the Panthers job. Supposedly, Judge was the leading candidate to take over at Mississippi St., so the Giants has to move fast. Before coaching with the Pats, he was at Alabama for 3 years.

Giants Nation is also very unhappy about reports that Jason Garrett is being considered for OC. 🤮

Former Hurricane Tim Brent, previously a real estate broker with NAI Carolantic, was named executive vice president for the Southeast for Minneapolis-based Oppidan Investment Company today. Oppidan is a real estate developer who is expanding to our area and Brent will lead its new Cary office. They have already started work on two new apartment communities in the area.

We lost a comedic legend yesterday. Buck Henry died at 89. Co-creator, with Mel Brooks, of Get Smart. Oscar nominated screenplay for The Graduate and for directing Heaven Can Wait. The first member of Saturday Night Live’s Five Time Club.

Former Hurricane Tim Brent, previously a real estate broker with NAI Carolantic, was named executive vice president for the Southeast for Minneapolis-based Oppidan Investment Company today. Oppidan is a real estate developer who is expanding to our area and Brent will lead its new Cary office. They have already started work on two new apartment communities in the area.
To expand on this ... Carolantic is merging with Tri Properties and will be operating under Tri Properties' leadership group. Long time Arena Authority heavyweight Steve Stroud was Carolantic's big boss and is stepping into a much lesser role brokering select land deals. Stroud was the one who brought Brent (and Ron Francis) into the local commercial real estate biz. A lot of Carolantic's agents are jumping to other brokerages, Brent included.

Miss. state landed Mike Leach for FB coach. I guess later this year when Doeren is axed by NCSU they will probably hire another MAC guy and then fire him eventually. Lather, rinse, repeat. And I know UNC and Duke have fired plenty of FB coaches too. I figure Brown at UNC stays 5 years and then retires for good. Cutcliffe will retire soon.

Back