• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Apparently, the league may be looking into a much wider group of teams with regard to systemized sign stealing ... including pretty everybody who was a serious contender over the last three season. Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers, Nationals ... probably others.

Welcome to MLB's newest problem. Once again, self-inflicted.

Alex Cora and the Red Sox “mutually” decide to part ways.

“Mutually”. Hahahahaha

Alex Cora and the Red Sox “mutually” decide to part ways.

“Mutually”. Hahahahaha

Bloom: Alex, if you don't leave now, we're going to fire you as soon as the report comes out, and that will be our ironclad excuse not to pay you anything on the remainder of your contract. Or, you can leave now and forfeit the remainder of your contract. Either way, you're done and your're not getting paid.
Cora: OK, I agree it's best if I leave now and be done with it.

= Mutual.

A long time ago, on a board far, far away, we had a music thread.

This year’s inductees to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame:

Depeche Mode
Doobie Brothers
Whitney Houston
Nine Inch Nails
Notorious B.I.G.
T. Rex
Jon Landau - Ahmet Ertegun Award
Irving Azoff - Ahmet Ertegun Award

Whitney Houston? Sure, why not. Madonna was inducted in 2008, Janet Jackson last year. It’s only a matter of time before Mariah Carey joins them.

Ugh ... I freaking hate the Doobie Brothers, but whatever. At least this way Skunk Baxter gets inducted ... in my opinion the only guy who ever played in that band who was notable for anything other than having a patently ridiculous singing voice. I stopped getting worked up about the RRHOF a long, long time ago.

A long time ago, on a board far, far away, we had a music thread.

This year’s inductees to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame:

Depeche Mode
Doobie Brothers
Whitney Houston
Nine Inch Nails
Notorious B.I.G.
T. Rex
Jon Landau - Ahmet Ertegun Award
Irving Azoff - Ahmet Ertegun Award

Whitney Houston? Sure, why not. Madonna was inducted in 2008, Janet Jackson last year. It’s only a matter of time before Mariah Carey joins them.
Motörhead passed over for this shit. I’d be surprised but we know this HOF is full of shit and shit stains.

Speaking of Motorhead, I somehow scored a Lemmy-era Hawkwind album last week. That's what you call, "a score."

The Doobies before Michael McDonald ... think "China Grove".

I saw the Michael McDonald Doobies around 1980 or so. Most boring concert ever. They’re doing a 50th anniversary tour now with Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons and McDonald. They took over SiriusXM Classic Vinyl over Thanksgiving weekend, playing some deep cuts and live stuff.

It used to be Jann Wenner of Rollling stone would not allow bands he did not like in the RR HOF. Lately that seems to not be the case for example Kiss is now in. Also he does not like heavy metal but Metallica is in. So it looks like he no longer has veto power that he had in the past.

Look ... I don't want Jann Wenner's Hall of Fame either, but you have to admit that he had a point with some of the acts he dug in his heels about. Popular doesn't equal good, much less influential in any lasting way. That thing is a sad parody of a Hall of Fame.

They are supposed to have a board who nominates and votes. They never officially said Wenner had the veto power but it was very common knowledge. I don't worry about who is in or not in. Weezer is now eligible, they are the only band I hope gets in but it's not going to upset me if they don't make it.

Back