• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

The IOC has finally pulled its collective head out of...the sand. Influential IOC member Dick Pound says they’ll postponed, likely to next year, with the details to be worked out over the next month.

The IOC has finally pulled its collective head out of...the sand. Influential IOC member Dick Pound says they’ll postponed, likely to next year, with the details to be worked out over the next month.

The Tokyo organizing committee was DEEPLY invested in hanging onto the Games for 2020 ... like beyond the bounds of reason. I get it. The financial implications of a delay were mind-blowing but reality is what it is.

The Olympics are officially postponed. Fittingly, the call was made by Japanese PM Shinzo Abe, not the (insert favorite adjective) IOC.

2021 makes a ton of sense...trying to pull the games off in a few months or the Fall would have been so dumb at so many levels.

The Fall Olympics wouldn't have the same ring to it...
I mean ... they've already had Olympics in the shoulder season between summer and fall. Both the Seoul Games in 88 and the Sydney Games in 2000 happened in Sept/October and everybody survived. That's not the issue. The problem is training and qualifying are on full stop hold for nobody knows how long, which makes operating a Games this summer a non-option.

The Panthers had zero leverage there and teams were probably offering an actual bag of pucks for him. Yes, pucks, not footballs. That's how little leverage the team had

They got a 5th rounder for Kyle Allen from the Skins ... so he can go be Rivera's security blanket in DC. For Newton? Nothing. Nobody wants that contract.

Another issue is that Cam has to pass a physical to be available for a trade. Is there anyone available to give him that physical right now?

Another issue is that Cam has to pass a physical to be available for a trade. Is there anyone available to give him that physical right now?
Not really. A lot of free agent signings are going to unofficial for the time being, as well.

Not really. A lot of free agent signings are going to unofficial for the time being, as well.

Peter King reported that Tampa Bay used a doctor they had used in New York to get Brady’s physical done, but that was before the shelter in place orders. But that’s the exception.

This also hurts guys who didn’t participate at the Combine for one reason or another. With colleges suspending their Pro days, scouts won’t have a chance to see them live, only what they have on tape. There is speculation that a lot fewer guys who didn’t attend the Combine will be drafted this year.

NFL might allow more than one helmet design in 2021 . They might even allow a design from a prior city too. :oops: They already allowed the Titans to wear Oiler helmet and jerseys.

Also some NFL GMs say the draft should be pushed back because they don't have enough time to look at players.

Bob Dylan puts out a new song for first time since 2012 . About JFK assassination. Very odd choice to release it now.:oops:

Neil Diamond also released an updated version of one of his classics...Sweet Caroline, altering the lyrics to "Hands, washing hands, reaching out, don't touch me, I wont touch you"...

When is the best month or months to put down zoysia sod in North Carolina?

Sod, not seed.

Damned tired of trying to keep fescue alive in the summer.

TIA

When is the best month or months to put down zoysia sod in North Carolina?

Sod, not seed.

Damned tired of trying to keep fescue alive in the summer.

TIA
Late spring to mid-summer. You can really install sod at any time, but you'll get best results if you install during a cycle when the dominant grass in the sod is in its growth cycle. For zoysia, that's usually April through August. You can also get sod with several grass varieties cultivated for installation in the off season of the dominant variety. We used to install a ton of bermuda sod with rye or fescue secondary seedings so we could install in the winter or fall for soil erosion control. Eventually the dominant strain overtakes the secondary.

I was THIS close to pulling the trigger on zoysia sod for my front lawn this year, but ... yeah. I'm saving my pennies.

Back