• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

That 30 for 30 show is what I was talking about. Did he ever say how he beat all the tests? A guy claimed some racers used motors but I just bought an ebike and I don't see how they could hide a motor on a bike unless it was really small. Hiding the battery would be the hard part.

If the interviews aren't just him apologizing to and making it right for all of the lives that he ruined over the years while concealing his cheating, then this is an exercise in wankery. Seriously, [goal horn] this guy*.

*Same goes for Jordan and the Bulls. Sincerely, a Pistons Bad Boys fan 4 life.

A mea culpa for the law suits would be in order. Don't rightly care that he out-juiced all the other juicers at this point.

That 30 for 30 show is what I was talking about. Did he ever say how he beat all the tests? A guy claimed some racers used motors but I just bought an ebike and I don't see how they could hide a motor on a bike unless it was really small. Hiding the battery would be the hard part.
He didn't beat all the tests. He also got around some positive tests with well timed "contributions" to the governing body. There's a ton of well written material on Lance's brand of bullcrap already out there. The only new twist this 30 for 30 offers is Lance once again speaking out. If he drops the hubris and at least pretends to start making amends for the reputations of the people who he smeared, intimidated and lied about then we're on to something here. If not, then screw this. If Lance wants to start apologizing ... profusely ... to Betsy Andreu and Emma O'Reilly and the other innocent bystanders who he smeared, fine. Otherwise he can piss right off.

Don't rightly care that he out-juiced all the other juicers at this point.

For me the issue isn't about the actual doping. It's 100% about how he set out to destroy the professional lives of innocent people who happened to see him doping and didn't play ball to keep him covered up. I mean, yeah ... don't cheat and don't lie about cheating. Duh. But also don't lie about and attack people who were minding their own business and living honest lives who just happened to stumble into your path while you cheated.

He broke Rule 1 ... he was a d*%*, and worse that that, even all these years later he's never even started to make amends for that.

In non-sports diversions, we're about at the end of season 2 of Ozark. We find it completely unbingeable. Two episodes max, then we have to take a break for a day or two, because it's just too intense. Great writing, great acting, great direction, absolutely creepy cinematography and score.

You're going to love Season 3!

Wrapped it up last night. I had a premonition of who was going to get it in the climactic scene about two seconds before it happened... and I still almost jumped off the couch.

Wrapped it up last night. I had a premonition of who was going to get it in the climactic scene about two seconds before it happened... and I still almost jumped off the couch.

Us too. I had picked it out earlier in the episode but the manner shocked me.

Watching Boston 2009 game 7 and appreciating how disgustingly good our blue line is now. They did OK then but I keep looking for interventions that never happen.

Watching Boston 2009 game 7 and appreciating how disgustingly good our blue line is now. They did OK then but I keep looking for interventions that never happen.
I know...I’m having Joe Corvo nightmare flashbacks.

Not a fan of car racing or golf, but those are sports that either don't need the crowds or are made better without the crowds.

Not a fan of car racing or golf, but those are sports that either don't need the crowds or are made better without the crowds.
Ahh, the smell of high octane burned by 42 700 HP engines and the roar of that pack at the end of lap one is something to behold.
Always enjoyed rockingham. Was a dive bar of a track.

Ahh, the smell of high octane burned by 42 700 HP engines and the roar of that pack at the end of lap one is something to behold.
Always enjoyed rockingham. Was a dive bar of a track.

I've driven past that place a couple of times in the last few years. Very depressing.

We watched the skins game last weekend and noticed not one idiot shouted "bababooie".

Am I the only one who cringes and sighs every time Pitkanen touches up an icing?

Am I the only one who cringes and sighs every time Pitkanen touches up an icing?

That was his first season here too. He’ll only be 37 in September, I wonder if he’d still be playing?

My wife asked what happened to Corvo, so I looked up who we traded him for. I had also completely forgotten about his 3rd tour of duty. And that was Stephane Yelle’s next to last season in the league. We signed him as a free agent in the summer and shipped him off to the Avs at the deadline.

The first Corvo trade, to the Caps at the 2010 deadline, brought Brian Pothier (20 games 1g, 3a), Oskar Osala (1 game, but 59 in Charlotte in 2010-11) and a 2011 2nd round pick. That pick was sent to the Rangers at the 2010 Draft, along with our 2010 6th rounder (which they used on Jesper Fasth) for Bobby Sanguenetti. Corvo was a rental for the Caps and re-signed here in July. The 2nd Corvo trade, in July 2011, brought us a 2012 4th rounder which was used to pick Trevor Carrick.

Back