• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Pretty sure it includes coaches and staff - it's the results of their three rounds of mass testing. 6 in the first round, 2 in the second, 4 in the third.
Honestly, that's a pretty big sample size so those numbers aren't terrible. Doesn't mean it makes sense to throw caution to the wind, but ... whatever.

Honestly, that's a pretty big sample size so those numbers aren't terrible. Doesn't mean it makes sense to throw caution to the wind, but ... whatever.

Yeah true, although it sounds like they've been pretty locked down up until now and now they're starting full training.

It's at least interesting to see another league go first so the NHL can see how it works out.

Yeah true, although it sounds like they've been pretty locked down up until now and now they're starting full training.

It's at least interesting to see another league go first so the NHL can see how it works out.

Serie A opens the same weekend as the Premier League. And if Italy can open, anything is possible.

The FA Cup resumes on June 27 with the quarterfinals. The semifinals will be 3 weeks later and the final on August 1. No word on whether the semi finals and final will be played at Wembley.

Latest round of testing in the Premier League is complete. They did 1,130 tests of players and club staff. No positives.

Latest round of testing in the Premier League is complete. They did 1,130 tests of players and club staff. No positives.

That's good news. I'm definitely a tad skeptical of whether sports can return safely but I sure hope I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier than getting to watch NHL games again.

Everybody doing OK? I spent most of yesterday helping clean up at my cousin's business downtown only to see it get trashed again last night. And look, I 100% "get" why ... but there are no employees to help out since they're all laid off so they can collect unemployment while the business is shuttered and getting insurance to step up on short notice is a stretch ... so it's down to family and friends to clean up and board up. That's the case with a lot of the places that have taken heavy damage. If you're out ... stay safe, OK?

guess we are a major city now? I guess they picked Raleigh to riot since it's the state capital. No excuse for trashing stuff.

Last edited:
guess we are a major city now? I guess they picked Raleigh to riot since it's the state capital. No excuse for trashing stuff.

It even made its way out to North Hills last night.

I’d be curious what the post mortems in Raleigh and Durham will show. Durham has a demonstration on Saturday and everyone went home at 10:30.

Everybody doing OK? I spent most of yesterday helping clean up at my cousin's business downtown only to see it get trashed again last night. And look, I 100% "get" why ... but there are no employees to help out since they're all laid off so they can collect unemployment while the business is shuttered and getting insurance to step up on short notice is a stretch ... so it's down to family and friends to clean up and board up. That's the case with a lot of the places that have taken heavy damage. If you're out ... stay safe, OK?
No words, sad to see the aftermath, where do you go from here? No one seems to have any answers, just lots of divide and anger, just a craptastic 2020 getting more craptastic by the minute it seems.

Salisbury and Thomasville had demonstrations that leaned towards riots as well. Fayetteville as well. Major, minor ... who cares?

Salisbury and Thomasville had demonstrations that leaned towards riots as well. Fayetteville as well. Major, minor ... who cares?
Greensboro as well, Saturday at least... family friend was working late night in a cafe that was smashed up; he made it home safely around 3:30am I heard.

I'm fine w/ protesting but once the protesters become rioters start the smashing glass, cops can go Chicago 1968 on the idiots' heads as far as I care.

Yeah. I 100% don’t get why. I understand and share in the frustration of another (seemingly) bad group of cops killing another person. It happens way too often and I’ve not met anyone saying otherwise. But rioting and destruction furthers the divisions that tend to lead to some of these issues. Protests I get. Burning down Raleigh because we don’t want it to happen here makes it more likely to happen here.

what is even way worse is the riot when a team wins a title. that's just plain insane.

Gulf of Mexico about to get third named storm of the season.

Last edited:
Back