• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

How the hell am I supposed to hear that soft voiced Southern man telling me about the piiiiie for sale?

ACC FB going to 10 conference games in 2020 , 5 home, 5 away. Clemson not playing any triangle team. ACC teams might add an 11th game. ND also playing 10 ACC games and can win the title this year. No more crap games vs. East Jesus Tech.

Here is sports for you in 2020: the Washington Nationals played a game in their home stadium and won the game 4 - 0 in extra innings, but it was not on a walk off home run.

Because for that game Wash. was the visiting team. Not certain but I think that a team playing as the visitor at home has happened due to a rainout.

The Phillies got their Covid test results back. No player tested positive but a member of the coaching staff and a member of the home clubhouse staff did test positive.

Because for that game Wash. was the visiting team. Not certain but I think that a team playing as the visitor at home has happened due to a rainout.

Yep, the last time something like happened also featured the Blue Jays as the home team in the other team's home stadium:
Game was originally scheduled to be played in Toronto, but was moved to Philadelphia due to concern about civil unrest during the G-8 Summit held in Toronto. Toronto, the visiting team, batted last and the designated hitter was used as well.

My wife was dressed as SpongeBob with the Wake County Library System a few years ago. I took the kid to surprise her with SpongeBob. It was great. Therefore, the Raleigh Christmas Parade rules. I feel they could have cut out all of the Apex marching bands though. :p

Phillies, Marlins, Blue Jays, Nationals, Cardinals and Brewers not playing today due to positive tests, either on their team or elsewhere. The Cards had an unknown number of players with positive tests today. They played in Minnesota on Wednesday.

Last edited:
The New York Daily News is reporting that the Marlins are sending their 18 positive cases back to Miami. On a bus. So [polar’s word] the bus driver(s) for the 17+ hours? Or are they gonna build a plexiglass shell like the steel shell Clint Eastwood made in The Gauntlet?

Shouldn't an N95 mask protect the bus driver? Just need to be sure the drivers get the full 'biohazard' spray down treatment after their shift.

Shouldn't an N95 mask protect the bus driver? Just need to be sure the drivers get the full 'biohazard' spray down treatment after their shift.

I suppose. And they’ll have to change drivers at least once. Wouldn’t chartering a plane be safer? Or are the Marlins too cheap for that?

Last edited:
MLB Commish Rob Manfred told MLBPA Executive Director Tony Clark thr if the sport doesn’t do a better job managing the virus and adhering to protocols, he might shut the season down.

Of course, that places all the blame on the players and absolves the owners from their failure to put a comprehensive plan in place.

It only takes ONE player making ONE mistake to cause an outbreak on a team. Hard to blame anyone, but the players were dead set against bubble/lockdown proposals that the league was kicking around. Given that fact, the players have quite a bit of personal and professional responsibility when it comes to reducing their infection chances. Anyone really think that none of the players who have been infected have strayed outside of the guidelines?

Think about that in the context of a college football player. Anyone really think that ALL of them are going to do everything right to avoid getting infected? Kids returning or about to return to campuses are already planning dorm and frat parties. You know, being college kids. College football is doomed until there is a vaccine. All this ridiculousness about 'in conference only' is joke. What the heck difference is that really going to make?

Its only going to take one or 2 more MLB teams having any player test positive to close the season down for good. Having both side blame each other for that failure will be a perfect lead in to a long and drawn out labor fight for MLB.

Last edited:
I’m a players guy. Always will be. But in their zeal to avoid whatever proposals the League brought forward, they shifted all the responsibility to themselves. And they’re failing miserably. We know the Marlins ventured out of their bubble. Who else has?

If the players wanted to be less impacted it seems they got it and that means they have to (In my mind) accept responsibility for some of it. I didn't follow all the MLB negations and for some of what I did I agreed with the players... But if they were dead set against a bubble....

Back