• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

If the players wanted to be less impacted it seems they got it and that means they have to (In my mind) accept responsibility for some of it. I didn't follow all the MLB negations and for some of what I did I agreed with the players... But if they were dead set against a bubble....

To be fair, a bubble probably wasn’t practical. They would have needed 3 bubbles, East, central and west, and they were running out of options to accommodate them. Since they were trying to play a “season”, even 60 games, it‘s different than the tournaments/playoffs that MLS, NWSL, NHL and NBA are playing. Bigger rosters too, with 30 players. That put the onus on the players and they’re failing.

Get your house ready for high winds Monday night and fill your tank with gas and get some cash. Most likely the main impact will be the coast and outer banks.

The Marlins currently have a win pct. of .667. If they don’t play another game, it’s extremely unlikely that two other NL East teams will top that. They’ve basically clinched a playoff spot.

More positive tests for the Cardinals.

After playing 8 games for the Mets this season, Yoenis Cespedes opted out of the season. He was in Atlanta with the Mets and when he didn’t show up at the stadium, the team went security to his hotel room. He had cleaned it out and left. His agent notified the team about halfway through the game that he was opting out. He was 5 for 31 with 14 strikeouts.

Eagles head coach Doug Pederson has tested positive for Covid-19. He’s the 2nd NFL coach to test positive; Sean Payton had tested positive in March. The Eagles reported to camp on Tuesday for virus testing and returned home until Friday when they were tested again. Players with 2 negatives were allowed into the facility yesterday and today for physicals and equipment fitting, with camp starting tomorrow for strength and conditioning work.

We had this guy come to visit tonight around 8:00 p.m. outside Hillsborough.. Sorry for the sorry pic. My wife's cell phone through a window screen is hardly the ideal camera, but it was handy. I saw him checking the (empty) deer feeder, then he went to the compost pile, then finally to the rock I paint peanut butter on for the deer every day. It was cool & a little terrifying at the same time. He was a sub-adult, probably under 200 pounds, but big enough to cause problems if he wanted to. I hope I got better images on my trail camera, though I doubt I'll be checking it tonight.

8-2-20 800 p.m..jpeg

Jim

We had this guy come to visit tonight around 8:00 p.m. outside Hillsborough.. Sorry for the sorry pic. My wife's cell phone through a window screen is hardly the ideal camera, but it was handy. I saw him checking the (empty) deer feeder, then he went to the compost pile, then finally to the rock I paint peanut butter on for the deer every day. It was cool & a little terrifying at the same time. He was a sub-adult, probably under 200 pounds, but big enough to cause problems if he wanted to. I hope I got better images on my trail camera, though I doubt I'll be checking it tonight.

View attachment 6732

Jim
Not your everyday sighting

St. Louis Cards are testing positive for Covid... More respect for the what the NHL is pulling off in EDM and TO.

View attachment 6732

Jim
We had one of those big baby bears on campus when I was a freshman at State. He spent a couple of ways wandering along the area between the free expression tunnel and the tunnel in front of Reynolds, which had a lot of fairly dense shrubbery back then. Needless to say he terrorized the campus to the point where people were wary of walking alone around dusk for weeks ... that being the time he felt more free to roam.

We had one of those big baby bears on campus when I was a freshman at State. He spent a couple of ways wandering along the area between the free expression tunnel and the tunnel in front of Reynolds, which had a lot of fairly dense shrubbery back then. Needless to say he terrorized the campus to the point where people were wary of walking alone around dusk for weeks ... that being the time he felt more free to roam.
I don’t remember that at all. What year was it?

I mean, yes ... but it was 1982.
I had 4 pretty hazy years there, so small wonder I don't remember. But you'd think I'd remember a bear downtown.
Friend of mine saw a buck jump the fence where we lived in Oakwood in the late 80s.
And we have all sorts of wildlife on our lot on a pond at RCC in east Raleigh.
No bears though. Yet.

Back