• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-20 Miscellaneous NHL/Hockey News Thread

The goal Svech scored is practiced by all the kids at stick and puck, before practice and after. I tell them to practice skating, etc. now they’ll do the lacrosse move even more.

The goal Svech scored is practiced by all the kids at stick and puck, before practice and after. I tell them to practice skating, etc. now they’ll do the lacrosse move even more.
Meh ... when they first put in a 3 point line in college basketball, EVERY kid started to drift behind that line and hoist up shots in practice. I used to punish big guys for doing it when I coached back in the late 80s, and now nearly every freaking center in the NBA is proficient long range shooter. Some things change organically. This is one of those things.

Scary scene in Boston last night with the Sens Scott Sabourin out cold after hitting David Backes. No penalty, no malicious intent, Backes was braced to absorb the hit and Sabourin wasn’t.

Ryan Getzlaf is playing in his 1,000th game tonight. That’s exactly 50% of all Ducks games ever. There are 7 others who have played at 50% of their teams games, led by Patrick Marleau at 69.5% of Sharks games.

FWIW, from a Canes perspective, Ron Francis played in 37.98% of all Whalers/Hurricanes regular season NHL games.

Eric Staal played in 53.7% of regular season games limited to just the Carolina years.

Gordie Howe played in 26.16% of all Red Wings games. Just sayin'...

Scott Darling has signed with Innsbruck of the Austrian League. Through 16 games, they’re 10th in the 11 team league but have allowed a league high 67 goals, 12 more than the next worst.

Milan Lucic suspended 2 games for roughing Kole Sherwood of Columbus. He’s previously been suspended 3 times and fined 5 times.

How in the living heck is that 2 games for a guy with his discipline history? He ambushed Sherwood and didn't even give him a chance to defend himself before going straight to the head ... with gloves on. You throw the book at that, you don't give it a slap on the wrist.

Scott Darling has signed with Innsbruck of the Austrian League. Through 16 games, they’re 10th in the 11 team league but have allowed a league high 67 goals, 12 more than the next worst.
I wish him nothing but the best, but I can't help but wonder if going to a team that has already established that they're bad is the best of ideas.

With Luostarinen up with the Canes, Jacob Pritchard was recalled from Greenville. Spencer Smallman was sent down on a conditioning assignment. He’s been out nearly 1 year with an ACL injury.

The NHL, MLB and NHL players associations as well as Kyle Palmieri, Scott Wilson and Jeff Francoeur are suing the city of Pittsburgh over their “jock tax”. Out of state residents are charged 3%, in state residents are charged 1%.

The NHL, MLB and NHL players associations as well as Kyle Palmieri, Scott Wilson and Jeff Francoeur are suing the city of Pittsburgh over their “jock tax”. Out of state residents are charged 3%, in state residents are charged 1%.

Good, because that stuff is horsecrap. It's a targeted tax on a specific class and those are unconstitutional based on prior Supreme Court rulings. I'm all for the sovereignty of regional and State governments within reason but that's well over the line.

Mitch Marner is out at least 4 weeks with an ankle injury. He left Saturday’s game after getting tangled up in the opening faceoff of the 2nd and got to the bench on his knees. He came back for 1 more shift, fell in his own and that was it. He had a MRI yesterday and will be re-evaluated in 4 weeks.

Back