• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-20 Miscellaneous NHL/Hockey News Thread

Our cruise refund shockingly only took 10 calendar days to fully hit my credit card. Others had been reporting waiting 45 or more days before they got their money back. I consider myself incredibly lucky....

Non playoff teams may play exhibition games since they could go 9 months without a game. It's up to the union.

7 - Non-Playoff Teams
8 - Play-In Round Losers

Seems like one could make a tournament around this with first round losers invited to the Draft Lottery and the rest seeded for draft positions. Seems like a win-win for all. Who wants to slog it out for 2-3 weeks of training camp only to lose and go home after possibly playing only 3 play-in games.

A player from the Penguins tested positive for Coronavirus. He’s not in Pittsburgh and has been in isolation since becoming symptomatic. He has recovered.

NHL Phase 2 starts on Monday. That means individualized training of no more than 6 players with coaching staff.

Former Senators, Blackhawks, Bruins, Ducks and Lightning forward Brandon Bochenski knocked off a 20 year incumbent and was elected mayor of Grand Forks, ND. He only played 156 NHL games and played his last 8 seasons in the KHL, retiring after the 2018-19 season.

Back