• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 Offseason Thread

I have been texting with Jer and he will be back around 6. Hopefully Kevin, you can be online then and we can try and get some rounds in tonight.

Yup, I’ll be active all night. I have volleyball from 18:30 - 19:30, so I may have some spotty responses then, but I’ll try to make picks during breaks. I have a queue set, so should always be fairly quick.

Clarifying a couple of things:

There are 55 roster spots and the 3 new managers can keep drafting from their 3 dispersal rosters as long as they want up to 55. So if one of you decides you're done after the 49th round (for example), the others can keep picking, just let us know when you're done.

NEXT STEP:

When the dispersal draft is done, we'll move on to the regular draft. Players eligible include those drafted in the 2019 MLB Draft, 2019 international signings, any unowned player in the Fantrax FA pool, and players from any team's unprotected list (no team can lose more than 3 guys).

When the draft is done, all remaining FAs in Fantrax will go through the 48-hour waiver period. Once they're all on waivers, any team in the league can go into Fantrax and claim as many FAs as you want - you can arrange them in order of preference in Fantrax. Teams are ranked 1-18 in reverse order of the previous season's standings. Except this year, the 3 new teams will be at the top of the list in reverse order of their dispersal draft (so 1. Balls Deep, 2. West Foundation, 3. Bash Brothers, 4. last year's last place team, 5. last year's 2nd last place team, etc.)

When Fantrax runs waivers, it goes down the list. So it will award Balls' first choice since he's got #1 priority. Then it will look at West's list: if the guy Balls just drafted is #1 on West's list, it will move down and award him with his #2 choice. Then it will move on to Bash, etc., and keep going down each team's list, then after Team 18 return back to Team 1 until there are no waiver claims left. If you have a full roster, it will ask you to select a player to drop when you make an add. If there are 5 guys you want but you only want to drop 1 player, list that player all 5 times as the player to drop. But in that example, you'd only get 1 player through waivers. If you have 53 roster players, you can add 2 through waivers without dropping anyone. And obviously once waivers have been run, any team can then go into Fantrax and add FA's as normal.

Hope that makes sense! Any questions, let me know.

Remember that before we hit the main draft, we need to release all the unprotected players into the player pool so they show in the draft room on Fantrax.

Easiest way is to just go through the rosters with the "Import Players" feature. I can go through and do it when the time comes if you want.

Only question is, teams can keep those guys if they aren't selected in the dispersal or regular draft. That's why we always kept them on rosters. We could just leave them on rosters and use the Unprotected List for the names, or drop them. Whatever you think is best.

Also, if you were able to handle what needs to be done in Fantrax for the 3 new teams, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah what we did last year is drop the unprotected players into the player pool prior to the draft, then added anyone who was still wanted back after the draft/before waivers were run. I can take care of that easily enough.

And sure, I'll have a look at the dispersal draft and get those rosters sorted out tomorrow. No problem.

Question:

If I move someone eligible for my minor league spot to my active roster, can I move him back down after? Or once I "promote" them, they have to stay up? Thanks!

Along those same lines. If a player starts the year with minor eligibility, does he maintain it even if he goes over his games played totals. For example if I started Keller in the minors and he plays 1/2 the year and is no longer a minor player but I have him on my minor roster, do I have to promote him? Hope that makes sense.

Clarifying a couple of things:

There are 55 roster spots and the 3 new managers can keep drafting from their 3 dispersal rosters as long as they want up to 55. So if one of you decides you're done after the 49th round (for example), the others can keep picking, just let us know when you're done.

NEXT STEP:

When the dispersal draft is done, we'll move on to the regular draft. Players eligible include those drafted in the 2019 MLB Draft, 2019 international signings, any unowned player in the Fantrax FA pool, and players from any team's unprotected list (no team can lose more than 3 guys).

When the draft is done, all remaining FAs in Fantrax will go through the 48-hour waiver period. Once they're all on waivers, any team in the league can go into Fantrax and claim as many FAs as you want - you can arrange them in order of preference in Fantrax. Teams are ranked 1-18 in reverse order of the previous season's standings. Except this year, the 3 new teams will be at the top of the list in reverse order of their dispersal draft (so 1. Balls Deep, 2. West Foundation, 3. Bash Brothers, 4. last year's last place team, 5. last year's 2nd last place team, etc.)

When Fantrax runs waivers, it goes down the list. So it will award Balls' first choice since he's got #1 priority. Then it will look at West's list: if the guy Balls just drafted is #1 on West's list, it will move down and award him with his #2 choice. Then it will move on to Bash, etc., and keep going down each team's list, then after Team 18 return back to Team 1 until there are no waiver claims left. If you have a full roster, it will ask you to select a player to drop when you make an add. If there are 5 guys you want but you only want to drop 1 player, list that player all 5 times as the player to drop. But in that example, you'd only get 1 player through waivers. If you have 53 roster players, you can add 2 through waivers without dropping anyone. And obviously once waivers have been run, any team can then go into Fantrax and add FA's as normal.

Hope that makes sense! Any questions, let me know.
Just want to be sure of this too, 55 roster spots, but just 25 or 26 for active players, right? Everything else is minors. I wont over draft that anyway, but I dont want anyone to draft too many players and then have to drop once the real draft starts.

Just want to be sure of this too, 55 roster spots, but just 25 or 26 for active players, right? Everything else is minors. I wont over draft that anyway, but I dont want anyone to draft too many players and then have to drop once the real draft starts.

I believe we are going to 26 active players this year.

I believe we agreed to 26 active - are we pulling that to make it 26 active/29 minors, or upping the roster limit to 56 total?

Also just to clarify for the new guys:
-Once a player has "aged out" of the minors, they have to be moved up. So you can't stash a guy with minors eligibility if they play enough
-Injured players do not count towards those limits. So you can have 25(26?) active, 30 minors, and unlimited guys on the injured list. But again, once they're healthy, they need to go back to active/reserve/minors
-The injured list there does not begin until the season starts, so you can't stash players on there during or after the draft. Players can be added there once they get that little red flag on their name (they don't have to be on the IL, but those flags do come and go unexpectedly on you at times)
-Drafted players need to fill spots. So if your roster is at the max 55 and you draft a player, you need to cut a player to get back down to the 55
-As mentioned, weekly lineups, and each player gets locked in when they play their first game that week. So best to log in Sunday night/Monday morning to make changes for the week, although if a team is off on Monday you can delay.
-Players cannot lose position eligibility, so for example, Pollock is marked as a CF so will be able to play there all season for me. However, if they go over the position limits during the season, then they can gain more. So if he plays the first 10 games in LF, then he'll gain that for me. It's not as critical now, but do note that the rules for gaining a position are tougher than the rules for keeping a position.

After the dispersal draft, going forward rosters can hold 56 players + unlimited IR. So 19 active players, 7 Bench, 30 Minors. We'll still be protecting 20 Roster Players and 30 Minors next year, with 6 unprotected guys.

Hey guys, just an FYI that I leave for Costa Rica on Monday. So ideally we would be done the dispersal draft prior to that, or my girlfriend may be slightly upset if I’m drafting a minor league prospect while we are scuba diving.
You guys are doing great, looks like this thing could get done today, or at the latest on Thursday.

How long will you be in Costa Rica, by the way? I am thinking we may be able to get the regular draft started by Friday, so you can hopefully make some picks over the weekend, but this could be an issue early next week. Do you think you'll have any internet access down there? You could also pm someone a list of players to choose for you if you won't be around. We'll come back to this on the weekend and see what round we're in, how many picks you have, and go from there.

You guys are doing great, looks like this thing could get done today, or at the latest on Thursday.

How long will you be in Costa Rica, by the way? I am thinking we may be able to get the regular draft started by Friday, so you can hopefully make some picks over the weekend, but this could be an issue early next week. Do you think you'll have any internet access down there? You could also pm someone a list of players to choose for you if you won't be around. We'll come back to this on the weekend and see what round we're in, how many picks you have, and go from there.

I will be down for about 2 weeks, but I will have a queue prepared (possibly sent to Iceman for my picks) and constant wifi, so don’t modify anything, based on me. Im assuming that you guys draft in the forum also, correct?

I think we usually do, but Hairnova is getting everything set up in Fantrax so we may actually do it in Fantrax (maybe we did last year? Can't remember). Deckie/HN, do you guys think we should do the regular draft in Fantrax?

Once you finish Round 55, you still won't have full rosters due to selecting draft picks (though of course you'll be adding players with the 2020 picks as well), but if you guys want to pick a couple more guys from the 3 abandoned rosters, we can add a round or two.

Back