• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2020 MLB Trading Block

Sometimes I just get a little caught up in my head creating an argument and then I don't relax until I voice it. It's a character flaw of mine. :p

It's true that my point isn't to blast that offer. We all send starters and feelers and even lowball offers sometimes. Sometimes we even legitimately value guys differently and think they're better than many other owners do. I do, always, use the comments section and counter offers to share my thoughts on offers privately.

I just mean that when guys are saying "I would have paid double, or triple that" or "You could have gotten 150% more on that offer"....really? I'm not getting other offers at all, let alone better ones, or double or triple value. I'm just testing to see if these voices see the deal I was offered here and take it up several notches as the chat suggests would happen naturally. No luck so far.

I don't want to see our league start getting into trade reversals and waiting periods and votes or vetoes or outside opinions (the opinion is fine if a manager wants to seek it, but our outside voices shouldn't be a determining factor on value). Once the negotiating work is done and "Accept" gets hit, that should be that.

Cooler heads seem common in here and I appreciate that. Just got a little steam to blow off once in awhile!

I offered an equitable deal that didn't make sense to you positionally (which is fair). Your only counter was asking for a player you've literally asked on 20 times who didn't make sense for me to move. In all honestly, you're kinda a hard team to deal with because I'm not really sure what your plan is. Are you going to consolidate assets and try to compete in the near future? Are you going to draft and develop and play the long game? Somewhere in the middle? You haven't really said what you want to do. I just assume you are playing the long game based on your roster composition, so any offers are generally going to be future focused, you know? I'm not saying BM's offer was good. It wasn't. But you also need to tell people what your plans are so at least they have a starting point. Just my .02.

Yep, fair point. I would say my goal is the medium game...start to emerge from the cellar dwellers this year, but I think my pitching is probably still 2-3 years from competing at the top. I'm looking for guys on that same timeline...top prospects ready to go now/within two years. But I already have a lot of prospects, as you guys note, so I'm more searching for quality than quantity.

Let's not lose site of the fact that 90%+ of the trades completed go with either no comments or praise.

It's just a couple of trades with the "new guys" who are still figuring out just how valuable certain assets are... and then the very rare trade between veteran managers that get a lot of negative feedback.

Back