• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2020 NHL Entry Draft

You're describing Russell Wilson last year. Carried his team in the playoffs but short of a championship.

Wilson is a stud and is truly a leader after the team had to gut players when he got paid

KC will face a cap crunch with this contract kicking in 2 years

They will need to be elite at the draft table and find cheap UFA labour

The dynamics all change when your elite need to be paid

Just dont follow my Rams blueprint on how to fukc up a roster after a superbowl appearance

Mavrik Bourque, Seth Jarvis I think would be my top 2 options of who could realistically be available. There's no one else (unless someone drops à la Caufield) that really has me really excited to get.

Mavrik Bourque, Seth Jarvis I think would be my top 2 options of who could realistically be available. There's no one else (unless someone drops à la Caufield) that really has me really excited to get.

Totally agreed with Bourque , he reminds me of Bellivier of the Isles and plays hard

I like Holloway as well , but what a piss off missing out on the top 9

Jarvis should be gone in the lottery

Would you touch Lapierre and hope his health isnt a concern ?

You're describing Russell Wilson last year. Carried his team in the playoffs but short of a championship.

If only Pete Carroll would open up the playbook a little and not insist on running the ball so much.

Mahomes is clearly the best player in the game. You can make a strong case Wilson is #2.

Totally agreed with Bourque , he reminds me of Bellivier of the Isles and plays hard

I like Holloway as well , but what a piss off missing out on the top 9

Jarvis should be gone in the lottery

Would you touch Lapierre and hope his health isnt a concern ?

I like Holloway's game, but I don't know if he's ever going to put up points in the NHL. He seems like a capable third liner in the NHL.

I don't touch Hendrix Lapierre until the second round. If someone has the balls to gamble on him in the first, good on them. But three concussions in 11 months removes him from any first round consideration for. Players like that could always be one hit away from changing professions.

But if he didn't have health concerns? My NHL comparable is Nick Suzuki. Super smart player, plays a 200 foot center, he's the type of guy you win games with.

Big difference preparing for 16 than 9.

Not that i think he’ll be there but do you take Askarov at 16 if he is? I do.
I think Minny snags him at 9.

With three 2nd rounders, I hope we roll the dice on one of those picks.

I haven't watched much junior outside of the Q this year, but one player I soured on is Jeremy Poirier, but I really got interested in his D partner, William Villeneuve. Villeneuve doesn't have a huge ceiling, but he's just really solid and really dependable. Nothing flashy, nothing spectacular.

I'd like him as a middle-to-late second round pick.

Big difference preparing for 16 than 9.

Not that i think he’ll be there but do you take Askarov at 16 if he is? I do.
I think Minny snags him at 9.

at 16 , in a heartbeat even though I am not a fan of drafting G`s in round 1

hope its not 2013 all over again

need to hit on one , or make a trade to move up

none of those were gambles....kind of low risk/low reward picks that weren't second guessed.

I'm talking about more of a high risk pick...talented kid with a shitty attitude, or injury concerns, etc

I’m no prospect expert but very intrigued by Alex Tuch’s younger brother Luke - plays a similar power forward game to big brother.

Doesn’t have the high end draft projections but is the type of player Habs need should all go well. Central scouting had him ranked around 40 last time I checked around Xmas. Hopefully is available for one of the Habs 2nd rounders

none of those were gambles....kind of low risk/low reward picks that weren't second guessed.

I'm talking about more of a high risk pick...talented kid with a shitty attitude, or injury concerns, etc

Good point

Not sure if anyone listened to McGuire’s segment on TSN690 this afternoon...mentioned emphatically Habs org has been extremely thorough leading up to this draft and potentially setting themselves up for the next 7-10 years with their picks - not sure what that means exactly.

Also mentioned he’s hearing at least 3-top end players may slide downwards to where the Habs pick due to a few teams changing focus to European prospects - again no mention of who. Can only assume he’s implying another Caufield situation (he alluded prior to the draft last year Caufield was going to fall based on what he had heard leading up to draft day)

Not sure if anyone listened to McGuire’s segment on TSN690 this afternoon...mentioned emphatically Habs org has been extremely thorough leading up to this draft and potentially setting themselves up for the next 7-10 years with their picks - not sure what that means exactly.

it means they found their version of Pavel Datsyuk hiding out in the Belarusian Extraleague. Shhhhh. Don’t tell anyone.

Back