• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Another Health/Diet Thread

Kritter

I always found fermented foods, collagen and good fish oils did the trick for me.
I do take a wild salmon oil sup every morning along with a couple mouthfulls of pickled ginger i get from a lovely korean lady at the farmers market.
i crave that shit.

aniablue

Whenever I go down south and walk along the beach etc.... I have no pain, none anywhere.

I always assumed it was because of the minerals in the ocean, fresh air, etc...

Phil Esposito said the same thing, when he had a bad injury.

Turns out, its most likely because we were grounding ourselves.

I highly encourage everyone here, watch this video.

blkngldbabe

Curcumin has worked for many people I know. I also use Collagen on the daily. BCAA's etc. Cut sugar as much as possible too.

Artnes

I do take a wild salmon oil sup every morning along with a couple mouthfulls of pickled ginger i get from a lovely korean lady at the farmers market.
i crave that shit.
Omega First

This is one of the best I found on the market. It contains one of the highest doses of DHA and EPA per serving. Try and stay clear of the pill forms as liquid had a quicker absorption rate and it takes less volume to achieve the recommended dose (brand pending)

Collagen

No taste and easy mixing

Supergreens

I like these but there is always a debate around if they are as beneficial as they claim. I love veggies but there is no way I can eat the recommended daily serving of green veggies and not get super bloated (broccoli, brussel sprouts etc wreak havoc on me) so I take these to try and help supplement the nutrients I am missing out on. I find my energy level increases dramatically (mainly due to the macha) when I am taking it and I have much less of a dependence to rely on coffee through the day

zeke

Does anyone here dabble with natural anti-inflammatories?

Tore the meniscus in my right new 4 years ago... surgery.... either didn't heal properly or the surgery wasnt done right... not debilitating but problematic.. (on list for a scope... up to 2 year wait) anyways....
been told i might have, maybe, developed an arthritic condition in that knee...
Also, after 4 years of compensating for the right knee, the left knee is now starting to pain (also had back and heal issues in the last 2-3 year due to compensating for the injury)
Also doesn't help being on the wrong side of 50 lol

I know someone that is on celebrex but after reading up on how hard it is on your kidneys and liver.. no thank you.
not a big fan of any of those laboratory produced anti-inflammatories.

i have read up on a lot of the natural ones...
Anyone here use, is on a regimen ?
Tried loading up on turmeric but it didnt do anything.

Kind of resigned to naproxen now.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
It's still too pricey now, but CBD will likely replace naproxen, ibupfrofin, etc at an anti inflammatory for most common uses within the next 5 years or so.

Kritter

It's still too pricey now, but CBD will likely replace naproxen, ibupfrofin, etc at an anti inflammatory for most common uses within the next 5 years or so.
So, my mother has been dealing with a brain tumor for 12 years now... I had to take her to a neurologist last fall... while i was there i asked this guy if CBD was appropriate for my mother.. he pretty much said that their is no research that can back up the claims of what CBD does...
I have read a lot into CBD so i found that strange...

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
So, my mother has been dealing with a brain tumor for 12 years now... I had to take her to a neurologist last fall... while i was there i asked this guy if CBD was appropriate for my mother.. he pretty much said that their is no research that can back up the claims of what CBD does...
The wheels of the medical establishment move slowly, worse because CBD is derived from a schedule 1 drug that until like, 5 minutes ago, the FDA claimed had no medicinal benefits at all, so it was incredibly hard to legally test any cannabis compounds.... but there are a number of new pre clinical studies that have shown positive results

CBD may offer an option for treating different types of chronic pain. A study from the European Journal of Pain showed, using an animal model, CBD applied on the skin could help lower pain and inflammation due to arthritis. Another study demonstrated the mechanism by which CBD inhibits inflammatory and neuropathic pain, two of the most difficult types of chronic pain to treat. More study in humans is needed in this area to substantiate the claims of CBD proponents about pain control.

By contrast, both Bedrocan and Bediol caused a significant increase in tolerance to the pressure applied to the skin over the adductor pollicis muscle for the duration of the study. The largest effect was observed for the cannabis variety that contained high doses of both THC and CBD (Bediol) with an increase in tolerated pressure of 9 to 11 kgf from t = 20 to 90 minutes (P < 0.001 vs placebo; t = 0 minutes is the start of cannabis inhalation). Over this same time range, Bedrocan increased the tolerated pressure by 7 to 9 kgf (P = 0.006 vs placebo). With respect to spontaneous pain scores and tolerance to pressure pain, Bediol had significantly greater effects than Bedrolite (P = 0.04 for both endpoints, Table 2 and Fig. 3).

So your mum's neurologist is right in that there isn't enough research to allow for him to to provide a medical opinion in support of CBD. Thing is, CBD could be a fraction as effective as the usual medical woo community is claiming, and it could still replace every bottle of naproxen and ibuprofen on the planet for treating minor pain and inflammation. Some of the claims these people make are wild.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
First experience taking oxys for pain in November/December and those things are actually the devil. Can see how easy it is to become completely dependent on them. Decided to stop taking them and switch to weed.
Wife had surgery last summer and was prescribed oxy's for the pain. She didn't want them and we used a combination of naproxen and CBD. She came away from the experience in love with CBD.

uncus

I have used CBD and edibles for a few years for my cancer.

It has served me better than the morphine they want me to take ..... 32 milligrams a day.

That stuff is poison.

The CBD alternative has helped me immensely.

I eat, I am able to sleep for at least 4 hours straight.

Also, instead of the CBD oil, I have taken to edibles ..... they are great FOR ME.

The only advice i can give is to try them, on a small scale, to see if they have a positive effect on yourself.

I took 3 gummies I made, and was not very productive for about 5 hours lol.

They have worked amazingly for me and my prescribed pharmaceuticals usage went down to once a day.

Jmho.

Have a great day all.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
How many grams of CBD do you take?

For me CBD doesn't work unless I add just the tinies amount of THC to kickstart it.

aniablue

Buddy of mine has been going through the same thing for a few years.

He has gone completely holistic and is shrinking the tumour bit by bit as time goes by.

Guy's knowledge of CBD is off the charts and he has her doing TONS of it.

IF you want to talk to him, I could set that up.

aniablue

I will add that he has a legal license to grow in his house, for 54 plants. He has his own grow chamber, and he does things to the plants that are imo, far more advanced than anything I have ever heard of.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
As for inflammation I started daily hits of Fish Oil, Turmeric and Astaxanthin last month. Too early to report anything.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
I've heard good things about turmeric...so I've started cooking more Indian. Will report back shortly.