• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Another Health/Diet Thread

Thunder

For those of you that have had poor results using Turmeric, or that are starting to use it, it’s important to combine it with Black Pepper.

Easily done while cooking, making tea or gold milk.
Even if you take Curcumin pills supplements, strive to have them at a meal where you can add Black Pepper.

Curcumin is not easily absorbed in the bloodstream and is mostly wasted by the body.
Black Pepper (Piperine) increase it’s bioavailability in the body by like 2000% or something.

Search online for Turmeric absorption as there are a few other recommended tips.

aniablue

For those of you that have had poor results using Turmeric, or that are starting to use it, it’s important to combine it with Black Pepper.

Easily done while cooking, making tea or gold milk.
Even if you take Curcumin pills supplements, strive to have them at a meal where you can add Black Pepper.

Curcumin is not easily absorbed in the bloodstream and is mostly wasted by the body.
Black Pepper (Piperine) increase it’s bioavailability in the body by like 2000% or something.

Search online for Turmeric absorption as there are a few other recommended tips.
try this bro, but great point guy, a lot of stuff needs other stuff to amplify.

Habspatrol

ADMINuteman
Staff member
Does anyone here dabble with natural anti-inflammatories?

Tore the meniscus in my right new 4 years ago... surgery.... either didn't heal properly or the surgery wasnt done right... not debilitating but problematic.. (on list for a scope... up to 2 year wait) anyways....
been told i might have, maybe, developed an arthritic condition in that knee...
Also, after 4 years of compensating for the right knee, the left knee is now starting to pain (also had back and heal issues in the last 2-3 year due to compensating for the injury)
Also doesn't help being on the wrong side of 50 lol

I know someone that is on celebrex but after reading up on how hard it is on your kidneys and liver.. no thank you.
not a big fan of any of those laboratory produced anti-inflammatories.

i have read up on a lot of the natural ones...
Anyone here use, is on a regimen ?
I take Turmeric every day. Supposed to be really good for that.

BeLeafer

resurrected
The active element in tumeric, cucurmin, is not readily bioavailable. I used some cucurmin supplements when I had a should injury -- worked pretty well.

Kritter

You have to get the right tumeric.... the tumeric spice you use in cuisine aint it.

and as far as pepper is concerned, it is correct that pepper aids in the transfer of minerals/vitamins to the cells (or something to that effect)
but from what i have read, when you apply too much heat to pepper, it looses its effect...

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
If you can't find pedialyte, gatorade is fine. But in my experience the difference in quality/effect is noticeable, and any drug store carries pedialyte.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
I rarely overdrink anymore (thank you magical gummies) but when I do (like last night), I beat the hangover super early (5-7am)

I chug a giant glass (or two) of water with 2 tylenols on my way back from the bathroom and go back to bed. When I wake up at 9-10, my headache is gone and I'm super hungry and let bacon and eggs (or something equally greasy) finish whatever is left of the hangover.

Pedialyte is good but I don't bother to stock it, so not an option.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
I rarely overdrink anymore (thank you magical gummies) but when I do (like last night), I beat the hangover super early (5-7am)

I chug a giant glass (or two) of water with 2 tylenols on my way back from the bathroom and go back to bed. When I wake up at 9-10, my headache is gone and I'm super hungry and let bacon and eggs (or something equally greasy) finish whatever is left of the hangover.

Yeah, hangovers are mostly a hydration issue. Water is just fine, it's just slower than something like pedialyte.

Bacon grease also seems to have magical healing properties...

WellPlayed

An extra-strength Advil, hydralyte (closest thing I had), several looks of disappointment in my girlfriend's eyes, and just 4 hours of sleep in the middle of the day - and I'm a new man.

Adulting is hard.

LeafGm

Yeah, if I do a Saturday night like I’m still in my 20’s, that generally means Sunday’s a write-off.

LeafGm

Good routine. One thing I’d add to the morning chug of water before you go back to bed is an edible.

aniablue

There is a product I can get out of California that solves this problem. https://nypost.com/2020/02/11/blues-jay-bouwmeester-collapses-during-game-against-ducks/?utm_referrer=https://zen.yandex.com&utm_campaign=dbr

Canadian medical authorities basically eliminate anything that really helps you stand up and survive.

One of the many antidotes to coronavirus, is nano colloidal silver. Get some. I don't know if this virus has the teeth some think, but it might, get a LOT of nano colloidal silver into yourself. You should be fine.

I seek safe harbour, this is for entertainment purposes.