• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2020 Edition

Preston

#teamhabspatrol on this one. Kind of. I love Bob Cole but don't give a **** about who calls the games for the most part. Joe Bowen is an annoying voiced fat slob Maga guy and Ray Ferraro is far better than any homer could possibly be. But otherwise I don't mind the lack of homer. Hughson is objectively bad at his job and admittedly hates Toronto but it doesn't bother me really. I zone them out. They're background noise. And hughson's boring ass voice doesn't get in the way like a loud obnoxious annoying Joe Bowen for example.

And I don't need some obese moron telling me that Matthews is super duper awesome. I already know.

worm

it is funny to see leaf fans whine about the media being negative when the rest of the country hates all the love toronto sports gets
(jays, raptors, leafs start off every broadcast of TSN, sportsnet, etc)

#wexit

Preston

it is funny to see leaf fans whine about the media being negative when the rest of the country hates all the love toronto sports gets

#wexit
They do get a lot of attention but not much (or any) of it is positive when it comes to the leafs.

But I'd be jealous of Toronto as a city too. I get it.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Most of you guys and gals don’t get it — you’re being irrational twats if you think over 96% of national broadcasters are against your team. That’s ok, being irrational is accepted in sports fandom, in fact, fandom wouldn’t survive without your senseless emotions.

If your argument was logical, then by definition, we should have an equal amount of fan bases that would say “I really like the way that broadcast team covers my team”

BUT WE DON’T

As Chris Collingsworth once said:

“That’s the Number One question I get in every city, people rolling down their windows as they drive by in their cars screaming out the same question: ‘Why do you hate the — blank,’ ” Cris says. “Whatever the name of their favorite team or whatever city I’m in, everybody is completely convinced that I hate not any other team, just their team.”

Preston

Well there are many that absolutely despise everything about Toronto. Hughson has some deep hate for example and so do hrudey and Gord Miller. But again, I get it. If I'm somewhere else in Canada I'd be historically jealous too. I don't think anyone here claimed that dudes like Cuthbert, Cole and Ferraro hate Toronto.

But there are others that aren't anti Toronto that just aren't very bright. They genuinely believe the leafs are bad and have severe flaws. That's a boomer thing mostly, not an anti Toronto thing. I think many mistake that for being anti Toronto though.

hockeylover

I think there is definitely a portion of the hockey world that really gets their back up about Kyle Dubas being super young and trying something other than the conventional team building method. A ton of them think Lou >>>

Preston

I think there is definitely a portion of the hockey world that really gets their back up about Kyle Dubas being super young and trying something other than the conventional team building method. A ton of them think Lou >>>
Yeah and as much as fandom is irrational, so is picking sides. Republican vs Democrat. Old school vs new school hockey. People love picking sides and going all in on them. That's how we end up with the Maga brigade and Bernie bros. It's part of what being a fan is all about. And the old school crowd loves seeing the leafs fail.

JackBurton

#wexit
do you honestly think the leafs 'get love'. raptors and jays , yes. leafs no

LeafOfFaith

So with the very basic French second language background I had from school growing up, I always felt like it was such a wasted thing, as minimal as it was. Late last year then, I decided to just enroll for French language classes, which I've been taking since then and really enjoying and somehow being super diligent about doing the weekly work and studying. I have to say, such an unnecessarily complex language, but so beautiful at the same time. Really loving it, and can't wait to actually become relatively proficient and hopefully even fluent in it.

Wayward DP

So with the very basic French second language background I had from school growing up, I always felt like it was such a wasted thing, as minimal as it was. Late last year then, I decided to just enroll for French language classes, which I've been taking since then and really enjoying and somehow being super diligent about doing the weekly work and studying. I have to say, such an unnecessarily complex language, but so beautiful at the same time. Really loving it, and can't wait to actually become relatively proficient and hopefully even fluent in it.
French women are also >>>>>

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig

#wexit
You're lucky that we allow you people to stay as it is.