• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2020 Edition

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
Domi is a meathead. He doesn't do what Julien asks often and he takes stupid penalties and just does stupid things. He has one outlier of a 72 point season otherwise he's a 45-50 point guy. If he can be used as a piece to improve upfront he should be used.

JackBurton

Domi is a meathead. He doesn't do what Julien asks often and he takes stupid penalties and just does stupid things. He has one outlier of a 72 point season otherwise he's a 45-50 point guy. If he can be used as a piece to improve upfront he should be used.
Is his cap hit that much of an issue given the crap they are spending on right now?

Habsy

Is his cap hit that much of an issue given the crap they are spending on right now?
If anything the mistakes (in my opinion) on D make it all the more important not to screw up the Forward cap. Domi is RFA and will want $6-7M. I say pass. Trade him for someone. Heck Domi, A D man a decent prospect and the #16 pick should be packaged to Winnipeg to try to pry Laine out of there. The Habs are turning into team Finland, he'd fit right in. To be clear though, I don't think Laine will ever reach his potential with consistency. You'll see flashes of greatness that will drive you nuts when you see him play like a dog.

LeafOfFaith

He still has $13M in cap space to sign Domi and Edmundson (if that's his plan). He can always spend more on D.

The Habs highest paid F is Drouin at $5.5M. Think about that for a second. $5.5M and people expect the Habs to be an offensive juggernaut? Yeah ok.
Who are these people with those expectations?

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Why couldn't they wait until the offseason to make this trade?

......says nobody, at all because it doesn't involve the Leafs

To Minny: Marcus Johansson
To Buffalo: E Staal

Habsy

The Sabres think Staal is the answer to their #2 Center position?

They keep making MB look good.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
The Sabres think Staal is the answer to their #2 Center position?

They keep making MB look good.
He's more of an answer than Johansson was....so there's that.

I mean, they gave up a guy who was 4.5 next year and has settled in as a bad 3rd line centre, and got a guy who might be an okay #2 centre.

Deckie007

That’s a great deal for Buffalo. Staal is better and cheaper and an actual still good vet for a team that needs leadership badly