• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

Canes laid a smackdown on Tampa tonight. They're real good. Mac bailed out the bolts big time.

Don't be surprised if the bolts struggle with confidence for a while. That sweep was goddamn demoralizing.

Don't be surprised if the bolts struggle with confidence for a while. That sweep was goddamn demoralizing.
Don't know how demoralized they looked on Sunday but they definitely didn't dig in and work once the Canes got their possession game going. Stamkos called them out for being a bit entitled and I don't think he was wrong. Plus, they really miss Point ... and their 4th line just isn't as good as it was with those vets they've had the last couple of years. It's still a danged good team, but I think they're going need a little while to get going this season.

Don't know how demoralized they looked on Sunday but they definitely didn't dig in and work once the Canes got their possession game going. Stamkos called them out for being a bit entitled and I don't think he was wrong. Plus, they really miss Point ... and their 4th line just isn't as good as it was with those vets they've had the last couple of years. It's still a danged good team, but I think they're going need a little while to get going this season.

They were running superhot most of the year. Everyone was overachieving a bit. Helluva groove.

But that sweep busted that up real quick. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for them to click in again....and if they can ever get back to that scorching level they were at most of last year.

I wonder if the reason San Jose waited until after the start of the season to sign him is so they could make sure they preemptively put his consecutive games streak to bed.

I wonder if the reason San Jose waited until after the start of the season to sign him is so they could make sure they preemptively put his consecutive games streak to bed.

It was probably one of the biggest reasons he was useless last year. In a season that he should have been pushing off from individual accolades like that and focusing on being ready for the playoffs, he instead insisted on playing every fucking game (most of them poorly). He had 8 points in his last 25 games, clearly the tank was empty. Nope, had to protect that iron man streak. I think we can pretty safely call that entire move a fucking flop now. If it was meant to help the kids "grow up", well Auston is mid court case and Mitch is a fucking cringe machine trying to rehab his public image, we had to burn a 1st rounder to get rid of him and with him we suffered back to back 1st round game 7 flops (much veteran leadership!!!)

yeah, San Jose would have been smart to wait for that to fuck off before bringing him back. Now maybe he'll take the 4th line role with rotating in and out of the lineup to keep him useful for longer into the season, that he should have last year.

Hey, I'd love to see it. Always liked the guy and don't doubt his ability.

He's just always seemed to find a way to fumble the ball when it gets handed to him.

They have the ingredients to be good. Just cant seem to bring it together (yet)

Last edited:
Back