• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

I can wait if you want, but I’ll still ultimately take it.

When the sample evens out, he will remain roughly around his career averages. Which is a meh middle 6 winger.

He wasn't great in Minnesota, he was okay. He won't be great in Pittsburgh either, he'll be okay with a better centre.

Keep your stick on the ice and deflect the puck from Crosby. Instant 65 point winger.

Last edited:
When the sample evens out, he will remain roughly around his career averages. Which is a meh middle 6 winger.

He wasn't great in Minnesota, he was okay. He won't be great in Pittsburgh either, he'll be okay with a better centre.

He’ll be much better than okay.

I’m not exactly a Minnesota Wild watcher to know what goes on over there. All I know from watching him is that he’s a really good player.

So you’re basing your opinion of a guy purely by looking at his prior stats. I’m basing mine on what I see in him when I watch him. Let’s see which one ends up being more accurate.

What kind of an ******* does a victory lap after 1 game?
Funny enough... if anyone were to do a victory lap after 1 game it could have been you. Zucker was completely invisible in his first game.

It was his second game that he scored 2. He'll definitely put up some points playing with Sid.

I’m not exactly a Minnesota Wild watcher to know what goes on over there. All I know from watching him is that he’s a really good player.

So you’re basing your opinion of a guy purely by looking at his prior stats. I’m basing mine on what I see in him when I watch him. Let’s see which one ends up being more accurate.
I dont watch Wild games but all i know for certain is that this Wild player i dont watch is very good

Zucker's an OK player, and I have no doubt he'll be able to produce alongside Crosby.

But Pittsburgh paid a pretty hefty price for a 28 year-old winger who's generally topped-out as a 20-25 goal, 45-50 point player and is being paid $5.5M for the next three seasons.

Zucker is a temporary replacement on that line. He won't play with Sid long term. That's Guentzel's spot he's in.

Will he score more with Sid than he scored with Staal and Frodo? Yeah. But it's not like he went from offensively inept linemates to Sid. He went from good line mates to a great.

No...I'm basing it off of the 20-30 times I've seen him play in conjunction with his stats. He's fast, so looks super impressive flying around out there. But he's a mediocre finisher and has mediocre vision. He has a similar skill set to Kappy, but is smaller without the grease in his hands.

In Minnesota, he was getting 1st PP unit ice time. In Pittsburgh he's unlikely to long term, if he does sneak into that F4 spot on the 1st unit, it's Guentzel's when he gets back from the shoulder injury which is probably next season.

He's a fine player, decent middle 6 winger, but not the kind of guy you give up a 1st for and lock up long term.

Back