• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

I'd quibble a bit as Bergeron's ice time is so much lower than Sid's but yeah Bergeron has been right, right up there.
If Sid wasn't very good defensively himself, I'd consider giving Bergeron a better look.

Bergeron is an absolute stud, sure fire HOFer... but Sid is generational.

if the leafs beat the jackets it won't count as a series win as it's 'not a real one' and only 5 games. if they lose, it will count towards no playoff series wins since 04'.

We should easily squash CBJ, and then carry that momentum into the Boston series and fuck them up.

Then the storyline will be the younger, less rusty Leafs took advantage of the poor old rusty Bruins.

I heard Friedman day today that the top teams want to be rewarded for their regular season standings and get the bye...but I heard they are discussing a series amongst themselves to stay a little sharp but who knows if it will count for anything.
I can see how that would be beneficial for them to not wait for two teams to shake the rust and then play you with a bit of sweat...but if Boston played against Tampa as a warm up that doesn't mean anything why would they play anything more than basically shinny....it's stupid

if the leafs beat the jackets it won't count as a series win as it's 'not a real one' and only 5 games. if they lose, it will count towards no playoff series wins since 04'.

That way of thinking would mean the whole this is a fraud and it won’t be a real Stanley Cup winner.

That way of thinking would mean the whole this is a fraud and it won’t be a real Stanley Cup winner.
I've heard people claiming that this year's Cup will have an asterisk. I don't see why though. Especially if it's a 24 team tourney. 1st of 24 beats 1st of 16.

Think there's a couple teams that had a 2% or less chance to make the playoffs when the season ended and if one of them wins the cup it'll probably feel pretty gimmicky. I'd imagine they just wanted to include the actual bubble teams and had to keep numbers that worked for a bracket

As for the Leafs angle... I'd probably feel pretty cheated by a win this year. I mean, I'll totally take it but... can't gather with friends to watch games, can't go to Maple Leafs Square, can't hold a parade, can't feel any buzz around the city, no one cheering. Not ideal.

Last edited:
People need to shut up about the asterisk thing. Remember how the Raptors win was supposed to be an asterisk all because their opponents had injuries?

24 teams. This is 100% legit. Different, yes, but legit.

All these whiners will have boners once the puck drops.

WE would feel a little cheated without a big parade or fans not allowed to get togther, that's probably why we might win.

Back