• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

More expensive than the panthers. $36k for 4 Center ice seats with gourmet food and booze included.

That's great, I was expecting something in that range without the food and booze. Although if booze and food were included, I might consider it.

Obviously, price inflated club seats aren't the best value for fans who can't write them off as a biz expense. I'm sure you'll be able to snag some prime lower level seats within your budget.

Obviously, price inflated club seats aren't the best value for fans who can't write them off as a biz expense. I'm sure you'll be able to snag some prime lower level seats within your budget.

I don't believe business can write off tickets anymore with the recent change in tax laws.

But yes, I'll be looking at other lower bowls tickets.

You can. You simply have to log which clients got which tickets to games.

Unless something changed in the past 2-3 months that I did not hear about.

EHkTUDmX4AA2xCZ

Poile is loading up on bad contacts , he will sit back in a few years in his mansion and laugh at the next GM fixing the mess

You’re fond of saying Poile doesn’t hand out NTC/NMC.....Josi deal includes a full NMC.

First long term deal that included one , we have Karl fookin Alzner with a modified NTC

He is the only GM not saddled with trade clauses

He doesn't give a shit how this movie ends with Josi , Weber or others

That Josi deal is one that you just can't give out if you want to remain competitive long-term.

Poile & Wilson have quickly fucked their teams with contracts they've given out in the last 24 months. Boy oh boy.

That's the price to pay for those that skipped the bridge deals. Josi was a bargain for years.

What other options he had? Trade him or let him walk?

That's the price to pay for those that skipped the bridge deals. Josi was a bargain for years.

What other options he had? Trade him or let him walk?

Yeah, precisely.

You trade him this past summer for a massive return. If there's one team that's been able to churn out quality NHL d-men in the last decade, it's the Predators. And you don't think a team would have massively ponied up for an elite, top pairing, puck-moving d-man?

And that is not a "price to pay". They got him for 6 excellent seasons at bargain price. That's how you win in the NHL. Massively underpay your players relative to their worth and trade them a year or two before they're about to cash in, which right around the age (late 20s, early 30s) they start to see their play drop.

Did you think the Habs made a mistake in trading Max Pacioretty too?

Yeah, precisely.

You trade him this past summer for a massive return. If there's one team that's been able to churn out quality NHL d-men in the last decade, it's the Predators. And you don't think a team would have massively ponied up for an elite, top pairing, puck-moving d-man?

And that is not a "price to pay". They got him for 6 excellent seasons at bargain price. That's how you win in the NHL. Massively underpay your players relative to their worth and trade them a year or two before they're about to cash in, which right around the age (late 20s, early 30s) they start to see their play drop.

I don’t think any team would’ve ponied up unless Josi signed an extension, and if you listened to his remarks today, his wife calls Nash home doesn’t want to leave, he wasn’t signing anywhere else.

He’s also the face of the franchise (one of the few players who lives there year round) and I seriously doubt the ownership consortium in Nash wanted that gone after all the years of hardship...it’s first & foremost a business.

what’s been completely overlooked, Josi took below market $, with Karlsson establishing market at $11.5M (no state tax TN obviously helps)

Yeah, precisely.

The Predators are trying to win now, that's also why they went and got Duchene, they need Josi more than they need picks and prospects. The Habs were definitely not in a win now mode last year.

Who's the #1 defenseman coming up their pipeline to replace Josi?

They're going to regret that contract in 5-6 years but this is where this team is, they're not rebuilding yet. He's a key player for them in his prime, it makes sense to retain him.

That Josi deal is one that you just can't give out if you want to remain competitive long-term.

Poile & Wilson have quickly fucked their teams with contracts they've given out in the last 24 months. Boy oh boy.
Seattle.

I don’t think any team would’ve ponied up unless Josi signed an extension, and if you listened to his remarks today, his wife calls Nash home doesn’t want to leave, he wasn’t signing anywhere else.

This means little to nothing. MaxPac once called Montréal home... until it wasn't anymore.

And are you trying to tell me that if Nashville didn't want to re-sign him, he would have a retired? Please.

He’s also the face of the franchise (one of the few players who lives there year round) and I seriously doubt the ownership consortium in Nash wanted that gone after all the years of hardship...it’s first & foremost a business.

143505247.jpg

Yup, face of the franchise.

Definitely didn't want that gone after so many years of hard work.

Business first & foremost.

what’s been completely overlooked, Josi took below market $, with Karlsson establishing market at $11.5M (no state tax TN obviously helps)

No, Josi got about what he was worth. Josi has no Norris finish higher than 5th. He has no first, second or third team end of the year All Star selection.

There are 2 d-men with higher caphits, Karlsson & Doughty. Before have Norris trophies, both have multiple first/second end of the year All Star selections, both have won the Norris and/or been in the top-3 multiple other times.

When you look at all the comparables, OEL, Burns, Subban, Carlson, Trouba... Josi's deal is pretty much accurate when compared to the market.

Back