• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Jersey trades Coleman to Lightning for Nolan Foote and a 1st.

This is exactly what Bergevin should be doing right now.

Reactions: CH1
If Coleman can land Foote and a first and Tatar is worth more then you need the right partner. Not many teams will pay more than that.

Yup, if NJ can get essentially two 1st round picks for Coleman, what could we get for Tatar??? Even Zucker got Minny a good haul

The Hab have 11 picks in 2020, and 8 next year.

It’s good to acquire assets, but we need players. I would be thrilled if Copernicus could somehow land a real back up for Price.

The Hab have 11 picks in 2020, and 8 next year.

It’s good to acquire assets, but we need players. I would be thrilled if Copernicus could somehow land a real back up for Price.

I honestly don't care about getting a good backup. This should be either Primeau or an UFA. Don't waste a trade asset for that.

I don’t think Tatar has more value than Coleman coming into the trade deadline.

Teams are gearing up for the post-seasons and are looking for playoffs performers.
And you guys are underrating Coleman in that regard.

Blake Coleman has become one hell of a player, complete and versatile.

He’s got tons of speed.
He can score has shown by his 22 goals last year.
And he’s already got 21 goals this season on a really bad NJ team.
He is excellent defensively and a top player on the PK in regards to SH chances and SH goals.
He also leads the Devils in hits.
This is a heart and soul guy who never quit on a play and leaves it all on the ice.
A perfect 3rd C on a championship team who’s skill set is gold comes playoffs time.
And the cherry on top of that is his 1.8$M cap hit, with another year remaining on his contract.
This substantially increases the value of Coleman as contenders are usually very close to the cap limit.

Now Tatar is a very good winger who’s having a very productive year and could be useful scoring depth for a playoff team, but teams may be worried about the last time he was acquired at the TDL.
He did not mesh with Vegas and was a non-factor.
Also I don’t think contenders are looking to blow their load on a buttersoft winger.
If you’re looking for a playoff winger, would you target Krieder or Tatar ?
Might as well go for a cheaper Toffoli instead of overpaying for Tatar.

I still think shopping Tatar is the right move for Montreal and he should be able to net at least a 1st rounder.
With the right trading partner, maybe Bergevin could get the same value as Blake Coleman even tho I think that would be a poor trade for the acquiring team.

So yeah I probably would not argue with people saying Tatar’s value may be equal to Coleman’s, but I definitively disagree with the idea that Tatar is worth more.!

If it wasn’t clear already, I really like this trade for Tampa Bay.

With Cirelli playing 2nd C, the Bolts needed an upgrade at 3rd C over Paquette who slots perfectly as a 4th.

Coleman fits the bill perfectly and should mesh well with the Bolts.

The team is already very difficult to play against on one of the best PK in the NHL, it’s will only get better with the addition of Coleman.

This also opens up the door to some nasty combinations to close games and protect leads.

And the 3rd lines becomes a bigger threat offensively.

The time is now for the Bolts, Cup or bust.

Nolan Foote isn't a top-end prospect, so giving him up isn't much.

Blake Coleman has value because of his production Vs his contract. 20g50pts ish, plays good on the PK, smart player... at $1.8M caphit for one more season after this?

That's almost an ELC.

If it wasn’t clear already, I really like this trade for Tampa Bay.

With Cirelli playing 2nd C, the Bolts needed an upgrade at 3rd C over Paquette who slots perfectly as a 4th.

Coleman fits the bill perfectly and should mesh well with the Bolts.

The team is already very difficult to play against on one of the best PK in the NHL, it’s will only get better with the addition of Coleman.

This also opens up the door to some nasty combinations to close games and protect leads.

And the 3rd lines becomes a bigger threat offensively.

The time is now for the Bolts, Cup or bust.

Its a tale of 2 cities

TB is gunning for a cup , so adding quality for that push makes sense

Jersey stinks and its all about adding assets

Back