• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Teams like us and Chicago should have no advantage at all . We dont deserve to be in the playoffs

Our chances were about 1% to get in and we needed to run the table while other teams needed to go something like 3-9 , which was not happening

Its a joke how a team ranked in the bottom third has a chance to go deep in the playoffs

Unless they find a way to finish the regular season and modified playoff system , we should not be golfing til next year
A very rested Price is most definitely an advantage in a best 2-of-3, key being 2-of-3 series....

Especially if as Brooks says in his article it’s a real “fear” amongst NHL players - #psychologicaladvantagefromgetgo

I guess I'm the guy on the bottom of the caption. I don't know what the fear is. As fine a goalie as he's been, I'm still waiting for him to make a difference in a playoff round. The hype of Price now is far greater than the real thing, and has been for awhile.

Really. Its been 10 years since we had the kind of goaltending that is feared in a playoff round.

Last edited:
All bets are off after a long lay off. For all we know Price has been munching on potato chips the last 2 months.

A very rested Price is most definitely an advantage in a best 2-of-3, key being 2-of-3 series....

Especially if as Brooks says in his article it’s a real “fear” amongst NHL players - #psychologicaladvantagefromgetgo

Its a complete clean slate for all teams

This is like saying the cup is awarded in December after 25 games

Whoever gets hot makes the run , there is no advantage or momentum from the March layoff

Teams are healthy and probably rusty from the layoff but I could see a bottom feeder winning the cup

Its a complete clean slate for all teams

This is like saying the cup is awarded in December after 25 games

Whoever gets hot makes the run , there is no advantage or momentum from the March layoff

Teams are healthy and probably rusty from the layoff but I could see a bottom feeder winning the cup
Agreed but I believe the reasoning of the stance in Brooks article is simply Price is worn out by the time playoffs hit (when the Habs qualify) since he plays much more than your avg starter nowadays and has nowhere near the team in front of him as Vasilevsky for example does.

I still don’t see how there’s any chance of NHL playing any games, especially given news of a 2nd wave hitting China forcing a complete lockdown...that wave will happen in NA too, only a matter of time.

Agreed but I believe the reasoning of the stance in Brooks article is simply Price is worn out by the time playoffs hit (when the Habs qualify) since he plays much more than your avg starter nowadays and has nowhere near the team in front of him as Vasilevsky for example does.

I still don’t see how there’s any chance of NHL playing any games, especially given news of a 2nd wave hitting China forcing a complete lockdown...that wave will happen in NA too, only a matter of time.

It's only in the northeast part of China. Good fake news by you, however.

I can see Bobo of Florida going ape shit , with their underachieving group finding the light

So, in under the radar news here, but has been somewhat foresighted for a while now, Judd Brackett, the former head scout of the Vancouver Canucks, is leaving the organization. He's been their head scout for the last 5 years.

Apparently, he's probably headed to Seattle to work there, but in the off chance he isn't... I'd do everything in my power to recruit him.

So, in under the radar news here, but has been somewhat foresighted for a while now, Judd Brackett, the former head scout of the Vancouver Canucks, is leaving the organization. He's been their head scout for the last 5 years.

Apparently, he's probably headed to Seattle to work there, but in the off chance he isn't... I'd do everything in my power to recruit him.

I would hire Futa first

Shit, I didn't even know he was leaving Los Angeles.

Mike Futa & Al Murray might be the two best head scouts in hockey right now. I'd love it if we could get Mike Futa.

That said, I think his next stop is as another assistant GM or GM. I doubt he'll take a step back in his career.

Shit, I didn't even know he was leaving Los Angeles.

Mike Futa & Al Murray might be the two best head scouts in hockey right now. I'd love it if we could get Mike Futa.

That said, I think his next stop is as another assistant GM or GM. I doubt he'll take a step back in his career.

My buddy is good friends with Futa

He is more interested in the right fit , but would like to stay on the west coast

I always wonder if pros like McDavid cut their sticks shorter when they train/play without skates.

Do they aim to keep the same length proportion as when they wear skates, of just no F given ; same length of stick and different proportion ?

So, the Hockey Hall of "Fame" is going to be electing their 2020 hall of famers tomorrow afternoon. The only player that should get in is Iginla, but I'm sure they'll find a way to include Alfredsson in there. I'm also hoping they'll finally induct Red Berenson in the Builders category.

The problem with the HHOF letting in players like Carbonneau & Housley in is, you have no real argument to keep the likes of Sergei Gonchar, Rod Brind'amour, Daniel Alfredsson out. None of them sucked, they were terrific... But none of them were ever great players for me.

I wouldn't be mad if they inducted Hossa, but he's not a definite candidate to me.

Last edited:
Back