• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

The Stars do absolutely nothing to me. Heiskanen is a gangster and Radulov/Seguin/Benn are fun to watch, but...

Seguin does nothing for me. Sure, they say he is playing good two-way hockey, but those are a dime a dozen.He has no confidence offensively right now, and I have not really watched him closely enough over the years to say if his offensive reputation was warranted.

Except for last year's Blues win, the west teams have been trending down for awhile.

Seguin does nothing for me. Sure, they say he is playing good two-way hockey, but those are a dime a dozen.He has no confidence offensively right now, and I have not really watched him closely enough over the years to say if his offensive reputation was warranted.

Except for last year's Blues win, the west teams have been trending down for awhile.

that contract is going to be fugly in a few years

It might. Seguin's been a consistent +/- PPG player prior to this season and #1 centers are nigh-impossible to find. By the time he hits 33/34, yeah the contract might be really bad, but that's price to pay. And for a #1 center with top-tier talent, I'd give him that contract again without hesitation.

It might. Seguin's been a consistent +/- PPG player prior to this season and #1 centers are nigh-impossible to find. By the time he hits 33/34, yeah the contract might be really bad, but that's price to pay. And for a #1 center with top-tier talent, I'd give him that contract again without hesitation.

I see another Jamie Benn contract in the making

Yeah, but sometimes you have go for it. Can't always retool/optimize your roster to provide the most bang for the buck.

I like GMs that go for it. I'd rather win a Cup once even if meant missing the playoffs for the following 5 years as my players got old and useless.
Most fans probably feel the same way.

Most GMs do the opposite; they play it conservatively and get rewarded for providing a pseudo contender year in, year out. Because it's better for their job security.

But 10 yrs later, fans will remember their Cup run, not the time they upset a better team in the first round.

So the Hornqvist for Matheson (+Sceviour) deal is now official.

Twitter seems to think that Jim Rutherford is an idiot for doing this, but I think this is a hell of a deal for Pittsburgh.

I think it's a meh deal all around. All the players involved are meh.

Matheson is not what some think he is.

Maybe I'm holding on to past grandeurs of him, but we'll see. He's probably slightly overpaid, however I see Pittsburgh getting out of Hornqvist before he starts slipping as a good idea.

Yeah, it’s a good idea.

Panthers need someone to go to the net, that’ll be Hornqvist.

So the Hornqvist for Matheson (+Sceviour) deal is now official.

Twitter seems to think that Jim Rutherford is an idiot for doing this, but I think this is a hell of a deal for Pittsburgh.
So do I - Matheson is a skater, he’ll fit in well with up tempo Pens.

Back