• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

I’m convinced Sabres are the team to target, they will trade their #8 pick for a now move. Pegula will pressure such a move IMO.

No idea if Habs are a good trade partner for that pick.

Sabres have to get offence this summer and # 8 , Middlestaedt , Cozens ...everything is in play to make Jack happy

LOL. Couldn't figure out how the Tampa game had anything to do with the Bruins game and why the Bruins were postponed..Forgot they were playing in the same locale.

There has been some talk of ending sudden death OT after a reasonable time. The purist in me says no way, but a game this long does no one any good. So I can see the other side too. But shoot out would be far worse way to end it.

There is still a place for ties in hockey, and this is one example.End it after four,give each team one point. First team to 8 wins the series. This method or something similar is not a new concept-it was used at various levels of hockey in the distant past. Sometimes simple is best.

Of course, there is a possibility of extra games.One maybe? Still probably less taxing.....

Last edited:
There has been some talk of ending sudden death OT after a reasonable time. The purist in me says no way, but a game this long does no one any good. So I can see the other side too. But shoot out would be far worse way to end it.

There is still a place for ties in hockey, and this is one example.End it after four,give each team one point. First team to 8 wins the series. This method or something similar is not a new concept-it was used at various levels of hockey in the distant past. Sometimes simple is best.

Of course, there is a possibility of extra games.One maybe? Still probably less taxing.....

1st OT : 5 on 5
2nd OT : 4 on 4
3rd OT : 3 on 3

Or start the 4 on 4 in the 4rth OT if you want to keep it 5 on 5 as long as possible...

Back