• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

Dallas is getting some mighty fine goaltending, as did Tampa last game.

A big part of the reason both teams are in the hunt.

For those of us old enough, its funny seeing those Islander uniforms involved in late round hockey again. Memories of a once-great dynasty....

Where's Gerard Gallant when Vegas needs him? Team has forgotten how to score.

Serves them right. Gallant got a raw deal, even if the team improved for awhile under Deboer.

Deboer is not a winning coach.

His lows and highs, as per many of his type, are rather extreme. His game of late certainly looks like something we've seen with him before at playoff time.

Where's Gerard Gallant when Vegas needs him? Team has forgotten how to score.

Serves them right. Gallant got a raw deal, even if the team improved for awhile under Deboer.

Deboer is not a winning coach.
Dallas is a team loaded with high end talent, both current and former. They were rested coming into the playoffs. As I said weeks ago, don't sleep on them as they can beat you.

If the season didn't pause I think they'd be toast due to fatigue but they got a reprieve. They're also remarkably healthy outside of Bishop.

Yes, you did peg them as trouble early on. And I think you are right on the reprieve-experience, even from the coach, is working for them now, however short the run. The goalie is having a special playoff. The organization had underachieved a bit under Nill I thought all in all, but it appears now they've done a good job of developing support and other players from within as well.

Last edited:

But no mention of Mark Stone having only one goal in his last 8 games, huh.

You do you, Greg.

Las Vegas has 7 goals in 5 games so far on Khudobin, a career backup. Also, Las Vegas's troubles finishing started in the Vancouver series. Game 7 was as lopsided a game as I've seen in a long time, and they only scored their first goal with 6 minutes left in the third. The two next goals were in an empty net.

I'm sure, but so are others. MaxPac missed the start of the playoff because of an injury himself.

But I'm glad Grant can keep pushing his narrative.

Back