• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Babs vs Keefe

zeke

Now that they have 23gms apiece:

20200113_121950.jpg

1. Offense has improved from mediocre to elite in all aspects
2. Defense has improved from awful to above average (to very good on the PK)
3. Goaltending has been bad under both coaches

Volcanologist

looks like a really good team, that although it could be better defensively, is being seriously let down by its goaltending.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
It would take huge balls to move off Andersen mid season. I don't see it.

Is Lehner the guy?
The question with Lehner is durability imo. He's only played a heavy #1 workload the once (59 games), with another 53 game season (that was a write off due to his bi polar shit being undiagnosed and out of control apparently). He's been used as more of a 1A than a true #1 the last 2 seasons.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
None of these morons in the media here are to be trusted.

They are all either genuinely stupid or know that they're shilling bad hot takes for clicks

LeafGm

I mean, there's no doubt about it at this point, right?

Dreger is all alone in first place for the title of "worst media hack that covers the Leafs", right?

Aside from doing stuff like shilling for the Marner camp and constantly pushing the "offer sheet" narrative for at least two years straight, he also wins the award for having just the most flat-out idiotic hot-takes on this team.

I mean, just in the past week alone, he's argued that Kapanen is "not enough" for Georgiev, and that the poor play we're seeing from Freddie (who has a lengthy history of forgetting how to stop the puck through long stretches of the season) is Keefe's fault.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Well, the other bit is that NHL teams have never been shy about poaching talented hockey minds from the media when they've actually shown up. There are a lot of dumb front offices who havent given any of these guys a fucking sniff. That tells you what they think about these guys as well. Useful idiots at best.

JackBurton

I mean, there's no doubt about it at this point, right?

Dreger is all alone in first place for the title of "worst media hack that covers the Leafs", right?

Aside from doing stuff like shilling for the Marner camp and constantly pushing the "offer sheet" narrative for at least two years straight, he also wins the award for having just the most flat-out idiotic hot-takes on this team.

I mean, just in the past week alone, he's argued that Kapanen is "not enough" for Georgiev, and that the poor play we're seeing from Freddie (who has a lengthy history of forgetting how to stop the puck through long stretches of the season) is Keefe's fault.
He's the worst. The offersheet stuff was an embrassement. I have no idea why they have him on. He's dumb and so boring. He also seems unable to discuss actual hockey.

LeafGm

I do have to say, I tentatively tuned into "Overdrive" on my way home from work last night.

Was pleasantly surprised to hear the Overdrive crew and Ray Ferraro going on about how awesome the Leafs were against the Panthers, how totally dominant they were defensively and how the end result was entirely the fault of the goaltending (with Ceci getting a dis-honourable mention).

Ferraro also talked about how the Leafs as a team right now look like a group that has no faith they'll get a save.