• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canadiens VS Pens. Best of Five Series Thread| Next Game August 1

The thing that separates the NBA from the NHL is that approximately 90-95% of players are American & living in America, and all except Toronto are in the USA. There's not the border issue to worry about.

The NHL is a much, much more international game with the players in much larger quantity in different countries.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see.

well, most Leafs stayed in Toronto during all this time, so they will need to cross the border and quarantine for 10-14 days. I'm assuming that time frame is built into the plan for both leagues

I mean, here's my thing... If the players are tested every day and are confirmed to be negative every day, and by the time the training camps start the testing would get better & faster, I don't see why Domi wouldn't play. I would also understand if he's worried about his health and doesn't want to play as well.

I get the feeling Domi isnt' worried about his health but is desperate to get his first taste of NHL playoffs.

Translation; we're gonna see how the NBA handles it and copy most of their plan

NBA has way more $$$$ at stake for completing the playoffs , close to 750 mil on the line

Plus they have to play some regular games to get some regional money back

They can do it all in a few venues , easy to put up courts without worrying about ice conditions or other issues

I get the feeling Domi isnt' worried about his health but is desperate to get his first taste of NHL playoffs.
If players get COVID but are asymptomatic they can make a COVID line, no defender will want to check them.

I’m assuming this is still a no crowd scenario right? Playing in empty arenas?

You know, I'd be totally okay with the NBA playing outside. That would actually be fun to watch.

What I want with this pandemic situation is fully mic'ed up players. If I have to pay extra to hear it completely uncensored and without any limitation, I would in a heartbeat.

I am starting to think this is not going to happen.
In a way its a little ridiculous. Imagine working like a dog to get in shape for the playoffs, only to be eliminated in 3 games and facing another long layoff before training again. From an athlete's point of view it can't be very healthy.

The Pittsburgh Penguins have never won a playoffs series against the Montreal Canadiens.

Both times they met in the post-season, they got upset by the lower seed Canadiens.

1998 Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals :
Montreal defeats Pittsburgh 4-2

“The Canadiens had finished the season seventh overall in the Eastern Conference despite posting a losing record at home for the first time since 1939-40.”

The Penguins were the second seed in the East and were led by Jaromir Jagr who had 102 points during the regular season.

2010 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals :
Montreal defeats Pittsburgh 4-3

8th seed Canadiens, Stanley Cup Champions Penguins, Jaroslav Halak, Mike Cammalleri, no need for a recap on this one.

Interesting fact though; the 2009 flu pandemic had hit the NHL early in the season.

The Oilers lost players for long period of time in October.
And the Flames, Canucks and Maple Leafs faced backlash for receiving flu shots ahead of the general public.

Looks like the Habs will be playing in Vegas according to this. Vegas. What could go wrong after being quarantined so long?

Looks like the Habs will be playing in Vegas according to this. Vegas. What could go wrong after being quarantined so long?

they will be lucky if they just catch covid

Back