• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canes Extend John, Tripp & Mike Plus Added TV Service Chatter/YouTube TV

Sling has dropped FoxSports too. I had to purchase Live TV Hulu. Hulu needs to contact the good people at Netflix and Sling to find out how to broadcast without the picture resetting every five minutes.

I'm not digging Live TV Hulu.

Sling has dropped FoxSports too. I had to purchase Live TV Hulu. Hulu needs to contact the good people at Netflix and Sling to find out how to broadcast without the picture resetting every five minutes.

I'm not digging Live TV Hulu.
PS Vue app is far better than Sling and Hulu. You have a dvr can use on 4 or 5 devices at the same time with no extra charge.

Last night was the first time that I ever got mad at Hulu Live TV. It kept dropping the stream of our game last night *during the overtime* I may have to look into alternatives this weekend.

YouTube TV worked better than Hulu TV for me when I gave both a trial a few months ago

YouTube TV's unlimited cloud DVR is great. I take my Roku sticks with me to vacation rentals and I have everything I need.

You need to stay in nicer places!
Yeah ... tell that to Hilton, Hyatt, Loews, Starwood, IHG and the various other brands I frequent. WiFi is one thing that doesn't always correlate across the properties within hotel chains. It's about as big a variable as there is in the industry. And I'm both a travel agent and a partner in a hotel management business.

Yeah ... tell that to Hilton, Hyatt, Loews, Starwood, IHG and the various other brands I frequent. WiFi is one thing that doesn't always correlate across the properties within hotel chains. It's about as big a variable as there is in the industry. And I'm both a travel agent and a partner in a hotel management business.
Interesting. As you know, I travel on business all time--I essentially live in Marriott and former Starwood properties as a lifetime Titanium member of Bonvoy--and quality Wi-Fi access has gone from being a concern five years ago to a non-factor for me today. There are times when I have to deliver two- to three-hour online presentations to clients from hotel rooms and I can't recall the last time it was problematic to do so. Maybe I've just been lucky!

Yeah ... it's still an issue. Most chains are being very proactive in pushing their operators to upgrade wifi, especially in-room wifi, as that's where the most complaints lie. But it's VERY spotty depending on the market. I know you travel mostly to primary business destinations and major hotels in those cities and those in primary tourist destinations are generally better off ... but veer off the beaten path even a little bit and broadband availability is all over the map.

I've noticed that Marriott/Starwood has generally been ahead of the curve on the issue, but they're struggling with their Sheraton properties too. Hilton and Hyatt ... ugh. IHG is all over the map. Loews, as with most things they do, is solid ... especially with newer properties. And I get it. It's tough with existing facilities, especially older properties and those in older buildings.

I have tried several of the streaming services and I personally like YouTube TV. I have directv at home, but I travel a lot and having YouTube TV is a life saver. There app is better optimized as well, so I can stream over cell service instead of crappy hotel wifi and get an HD picture on my laptop or phone.

I have tried several of the streaming services and I personally like YouTube TV. I have directv at home, but I travel a lot and having YouTube TV is a life saver. There app is better optimized as well, so I can stream over cell service instead of crappy hotel wifi and get an HD picture on my laptop or phone.
Yeah ... I've only has YouTube TV since the beginning of September, but I've been very pleased with it. It's very stable, easy enough to navigate and the virtual DVR works quite well. It also streams nicely on my phone, which is a plus.

I'm not shilling for the service, but if anyone is interested in an extended free trial period with YTTV, I've got a code that would give you 2 weeks for free instead of the standard 1 week trial period. Anyone interested can shoot me a DM with their email address and I can forward the email with the code.

On an unrelated subject I've also got a discount code for the Disney+ streaming service if anybody wants that.

Does Disney+ have the Studio Ghibli stuff?
Undetermined as of now. Disney has a North American distribution deal with Tokuma Shoten (current parent of Studio Ghibli), but Disney+ is meant to be an international service that's got the same programming in Europe and Australia (for examples) as it does in the US and Canada. There's been some speculation that Disney might cut a side deal to include some of the properties that they only control partially ... but that would probably be phase two or three stuff, I'd think. And Tokuma Shoten has allowed Disney a little more leeway in distribution lately, but they still keep the Ghibli product pretty tightly controlled. I honestly doubt they're gonna go for full access streaming because it would hurt their fake film festival model ... and they seem stupidly fond of that.

I signed up for YouTube TV today. Hulu Live is simply unacceptable. It freezes up, resets itself and takes way too long to load. Sling and NetFlix work fine. I don't think it's me, it's them.

I wish it had the NHL Network and NFL Red Zone, but it appears to be pretty much the same deal as Hulu Live TV.

Huh. I don't have any problems with the streaming quality of Hulu Live, but Sling is unwatchable for me. Weird.

Does Youtube TV have all of the archived content that Hulu has? The biggest draw for me, outside of all of the sports stuff, is Hulu's archived content.

Huh. I don't have any problems with the streaming quality of Hulu Live, but Sling is unwatchable for me. Weird.

Does Youtube TV have all of the archived content that Hulu has? The biggest draw for me, outside of all of the sports stuff, is Hulu's archived content.
YTTV has archived availability for the current a previous season/series for most stuff. I caught up on all the Bob's Burgers I missed last year because of sports over-runs as soon as I signed up.

I'll keep you posted, I just signed up and will not be watching until later today. Sling is annoying in that they change the interface every other week, usually making it even worse than before.

I like everything about Hulu Live except that I'm constantly missing live sports because it frequently goes black, I get a little white line showing it's loading and then a few minutes later I realize the Canes scored while all this was happening. This never happened on Sling. Once the channel loaded, it was there for the long haul. I do hate flipping back between channels. I'm now paying for NHL.com, Sling, NetFlix, Hulu Live (for now) and YouTube TV. Help! I just like to watch.

Back