• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canes Extend John, Tripp & Mike Plus Added TV Service Chatter/YouTube TV

No word on how long their new contracts are

Short term. I understand Johnny's situation with NBC is year to year and that they don't want to get either party in a position to mess up a potential national broadcasting deal for him.

NBCs contract is up after the 2020-21 season. Doc Emrick be 75 that summer. Combined with ESPNs supposed interest in getting back in, if for no other reason than to provide additional content for ESPN+, that could change the landscape. We also don’t know what Sinclair will do with the Fox regional networks they bought from Disney. I think the RSNs have contracts with 21 of the 25 US based teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to see Johnny signed to a longer contract, but I get the reasons. Guess we'll need to enjoy him as long as he stays with the Canes!

NBCs contract is up after the 2020-21 season. Doc Emrick be 75 that summer. Combined with ESPNs supposed interest in getting back in, if for no other reason than to provide additional content for ESPN+, that could change the landscape. We also don’t know what Sinclair will do with the Fox regional networks they bought from Disney. I think the RSNs have contracts with 21 of the 25 US based teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. All of the above add up to short term deals making sense for anyone involved in the national or regional broadcasts. The whole NHL broadcast landscape could be completely different in a couple of years ... or one year, honestly.

Bump.

Michael Smith tweeted that 81 games will be on Fox Sports Carolinas this season. No games on Fox Sports Southeast, so no channel hunting required.

Canes @ Flyers on NBCSN on 3/5 for our only national TV game.

We have the new ACC Network to thank for that I believe?
Ehh ... kind of, in that the various marketplace shifts forced it.

More directly, you can thank Disney's purchase of Fox, which forced divestiture of the Fox regional sports networks and then the consolidation that Sinclair did to streamline costs after the purchase. The Carolinas region no longer overlaps with the Southeast region, apparently

Ready for more political ads on Fox Sports Carolinas? One of the immediate consequences of Sinclair buying thr Fox RSNs.

Like I said back in August when the Sinclair takeover was announced (one, because I knew this would be the result):

Sinclair ...

Ugh.

Ready for more political ads on Fox Sports Carolinas? One of the immediate consequences of Sinclair buying thr Fox RSNs.

From the article.

Most sports networks will air ads, regardless if those ads lean left, right, or down the middle. And yeah, we’ll probably be sick of them sooner rather than later.

I HATE all commercials. Especially the ones that don't change year after year. Looking at you Rex, Advance Auto, etc.

Back