• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canes Extend John, Tripp & Mike Plus Added TV Service Chatter/YouTube TV

Like I said back in August when the Sinclair takeover was announced (one, because I knew this would be the result):
Ugh.
I mean, it's their corporate DNA to be political. You can probably be on the lookout for ads for the Creation Museum and the Museum of the Bible in DC too.

How is that any of your business?

And if the gal in the red dress was my date, I wouldn't need any help!

I'm not going to lie, the storm surge season and "that" commercial last year were both highlights for many hockey fans that tune in on a regular basis! The beer league hockey friends did find that commercial memorable, marketing works they say...

Been some rumblings today about Fox Sports Carolinas disappearing from Spectrum. I can confirm channel 50 is no longer on the Spectrum app and if I put on channel 50 on my cable box I get a small screen picture. The guide listings show no shows (no info available).

Not quite sure what is going on, and yes I know that there are 100 other ways to get Fox Sports Carolinas if I care to do so, but I can't imagine Spectrum is really going to pull the plug on Fox Sports Carolinas in the Raleigh area?

Anyone else hear anything about this?

Last edited:
Classic negotiating ploy to pull the plug right before the most popular sport on cable starts their season .... wait.

And no. I hadn't heard this but IIRC Sinclair has been particularly difficult to negotiate with over recent years.

Its all strange. I can log onto FoxSPortsGo with my Spectrum id still and it shows Canes games there as upcoming events (Fox Sports South). People are spouting off on Reddit that Spectrum pulled the plug on Fox Sports Carolina in the past couple of days and if you reboot your cable box the channel will completely disappear. I'm not sure what to believe. I don't care for tomorrow night but I will care for Saturday night.

Ive heard some grumbling about this in other places. But if Spectrum drops Fox sports, I drop Spectrum. Hockey is the ONLY reason I pay for cable tv.

I just texted a friend in suburban Charlotte and she still has Fox Sports Carolinas. I don’t see anything on the web about it either. Maybe have to call them?

FWIW ... you can get the Fox regional channels on YouTube TV and they have a 10 day free trial.
It takes a matter of minutes to set up the app ... just in case.

Back