• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Cock FIRED

So where do guys like these go from here?

Let it play out. Senior managers of these organizations aren't going to risk their careers by continuing to cover shit up. Where do the perpetrators of this shit goes? Honestly, who fucking cares. Go do something out of the public eye, sell cars...don't care. You were accepted into the fraternity of hockey brotherhood and were an abusive dick about it? Fuck off and go work at Wal Mart for all I care.

Babcock's list fiasco is sunshine and daffodils compared to this other stuff. Is there any chance in hell that Peters ever gets a job in the NHL again? Which team could ever hire him and absorb that PR backlash?

Thing is, everyone loves 1) apologies 2) personal growth and redemption stories. If I was advising Peters right now I'd tell him to take a vacation for the rest of the year, get right out of the public eye. Circle around in the summer and see who is interested in shooting you a AHL or European head coaching job. Spend a couple of years rehabbing your image, do a bunch of charity work, be open, honest and apologetic about your actions whenever anyone (specifically media) ask you about it. Be open about what you're doing to be a better human being (councilling, out reach work, charity work, etc). A couple years you'll probably get offered an assistant coaching spot in the show. He's "only" 53. If he does everything right he can grow as a human being and have a NHL head coaching spot again before he turns 60.

A real, real smart move would be to apologize your dick off to Aliu, and then team up with him to start doing hockey camps for kids together in the summer.

It really depends though, if you genuinely want to make something like this right, people will tend to want to forgive you. If you insist you did nothing wrong and talk behind the shield of a bunch of lawyers, well, good luck. I hope you enjoy coaching in the wilderness like Keefe was forced to do for a decade.

It's nice to see various ownership/management types throwing asshole coaches to the wolves but, uh, they're only doing that because they're culpable.

I think getting fired for being racist is outside the periphery of rehireable offenses in a job that is on the public stage with huge dollars involved like the NHL. If he did this while working at a Ford dealership, he gets let go and gets a job next week with Honda. But which GM is going to vouch for him and which Board is going to risk the fan backlash? You lose 100% of your minority fans by hiring him. Like he could never get a job with the Caps or Canes, for example. And in a predominantly white market, I still can’t fathom why anyone would pick him over a clean qualified candidate, which there’s no shortage of.

Mindz? I think you and Zeke should take over the bozo's job's. You and Zeke? Dude, I could really get behind that.

But forum? Zeke and Mindz, taking over for that bum slurper and real man Don? Sorry Zeke, I don't meant to imply you would do anything like what Ron did for decades.

But wow, Mindz and Zeke, the new Coaches corner, think of it, It would be EPIC. Really good stuff, two amazing minds and CURRENT guys.

Shit, I might try to get this done. Who better to represent our blue and white than these two guys

A Belushi moment for sure.

But nah. Lets settle for Jim the fruit and the simpian Simpson.

Strive for the best, never settle for the rest.

Let me ask a question? How does any Maple Leaf? Sit in the dressing room and look Hutchinson in the eye? Anyone here know about dressing room culture? U cannot look at the guy without possibly snarling or laughing.

We gotta get a second guy and soon. Its almost xmas time and we have a junior B in the dressing room. Not good imo.

I am offended at the suggestion that I would be Ron, when I'm obviously Don.

It's a bit annoying that the media or whoever made this all about racism when the guy with the allegations was saying how his response to the racism got his career destroyed. Thus, not about racism per se but abuse of power.

This shit still shocks me. Like do people that bad even exist?

Even though the one time I ever ran into him at a bar that asshole vibe did just drip right off of him.

I am offended at the suggestion that I would be Ron, when I'm obviously Don.

giphy.gif

He's approaching radioactive territory.

I detest the way guys like this legitmate cynicism. Mr. Mental Health Champion ... bullying and abusing a guy until he breaks down.

But he's very concerned that other people have good families, choose the right wife, live right, eat right. Don't forget that.

Shanny, Dubas, and Tannenbam look bad here for keeping this guy on for so long.
I mean yeah, and Ken Holland looks brutal too.

But no one looks worse than shitfuck himself. I see a lot of people like Cox blaming everyone but Babs a d that's the most brain-dead take of them all.

So when the mucho stuff came out I texted a distant friend (used to play with him) who played for Babs on and off and after telling me that's something he does literally every season (and saying it was absolutely nothing compared to most things he did), he did tell me he caused a few mental breakdowns from time to time. Thought he might have been exaggerating because who the fuck acts like that? But then I read this franzen shit today... Cool.

I've seen abuse in minor hockey but I haven't seen a coach literally cause someone to melt down repeatedly. But an NHL coach did it. Ego is a hell of a thing I guess.

Y’know, I think what makes this particularly egregious is how much credit Babcock has been given for mental health initiatives publicly while harming his players’ mental health behind the scenes.

Back