• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

COVID-19 Thread

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Me personally I have to go in for work... I fully expect to get this and it sucks feeling this way.
That SUCKS. I had to go into the office briefly on Friday because the corporate VPN got wonky and I needed a file off a network drive. My office has card access gates at the top of the driveway but they were blocked and I had to go to the security gate. A guard came out of the shack, took my and my wife’s temperature and opened the gate. I walked in, sat in a guest chair in the lobby, got my file and boogied out of there.

Tryamw

Ugh ... I hate that for you. I joke a lot about working from home, but right now that's an absolute blessing.
Thanks but it's a side effect of working retail.. And this puts a damper on my seeking "better" which I should have done 10+ years ago :)

Anyone do great haircuts in here? NC shutting down all barbers and salons until further notice...it's already been 6 weeks for me since my last one, add on another 6 weeks or more and I should look like Brent Burns or Jumbo Joe Thornton if I decided to let the facial hair go too...but the experts say woolly beards promote COVID-19 as well.
My mother used to give me "bowl cuts" when I was young. Not sure I'd trust her with a pair of scissors right now as she's elderly now. :p

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Clipper set and #2-5 shouldn't be too hard to not look too bad. but if you want styling well :)
Yup. My Wahl trimmer with a No. 1 screen every 2-3 weeks keeps me from looking too terrifying ... or too much like a chia pet.

Pucking Lamplighter

Used my wife's horse clippers to cut my hair. It looks better than if I tried to cut it with a hatchet. The 'stache stays. I haven't shaved my upper lip since 1977. I'm gonna keep it that way.

I have to go work whenever requests come in. I've got an extreme vacation addiction needs to be supported. That, and my retirement just took a big hit, so I need to go put fingers in the holes in that dam.

Jim

Pucking Lamplighter

I'm pretty sure I already had COVID-19 in December & January when I was in Indonesia. There were 2 Chinese couples on our dive boat when we first got there and their dive guide was sick (we figured it was a cold). A guy from the Netherlands came to the resort and he had that same dive guide when the Chinese left & he got sick too. Since he took all his meals with us, I caught it as well. I always travel with AlkaSeltzer Plus & Zicam, which normally shortens a cold to 3-4 days (so I won't miss any dives). Not this stuff. The meds didn't have any affect and It kicked every inch of my A$$! I had a fever for 5 days, felt like there was a vest 2 sizes too small around my chest, and I had an awful deep cough. It lasted around 17 days start to finish & I lost 7 pounds from it. It didn't have a name and nobody knew what it was at the time. I don't know for sure that's what I had, but it acted exactly like what everyone in the news describes. I self - quarantined from everyone when I got back to the U.S., even though my symptoms were done. I didn't want to risk infecting my elderly parents. I likely have resistance to it, but I am a hand washing & sanitizing fool, because I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I also work alone and have little human contact with my work.

Jim

Pucking Lamplighter

It absolutely sucked being sick on a diving holiday, but I managed to get in 49 dives over 3 weeks. As long as I could clear my ears, I was diving. There was also a magnitude 4.6 earthquake with the epicenter less than 2Km from us while I was there. Kinda terrifying, but it makes one realize we're all just passengers here and we need to enjoy the ride.

Be safe out there. I'm thinking healthy thoughts for everyone.

Jim

dwind

It absolutely sucked being sick on a diving holiday, but I managed to get in 49 dives over 3 weeks. As long as I could clear my ears, I was diving. There was also a magnitude 4.6 earthquake with the epicenter less than 2Km from us while I was there. Kinda terrifying, but it makes one realize we're all just passengers here and we need to enjoy the ride.

Be safe out there. I'm thinking healthy thoughts for everyone.

Jim
There’s a test coming out in the near future that can tell If you’ve had the virus.

Tryamw

Durham going to get a stay at home order later today.. I do wonder how that'll affect me. (and my job)

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Durham going to get a stay at home order later today.. I do wonder how that'll affect me. (and my job)
In theory there should be a clear list of industries that are exempted from the order when the order is issued ... in theory. In practice it's been scattershot at best.

I'm sorry but I don't recall what you do, but in general most emergency plans call for employees to contact human resources or the manager of their office for guidance.

Tryamw

In theory there should be a clear list of industries that are exempted from the order when the order is issued ... in theory. In practice it's been scattershot at best.

I'm sorry but I don't recall what you do, but in general most emergency plans call for employees to contact human resources or the manager of their office for guidance.
If the order is being issued I'll contact the VP (Small company) and he'll determine things.. but yeah It's not a job I can do from home really. Not that I wouldn't love to try... :)