• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Since the understandable surge in posts about this global health crisis has swamped the "Grab Bag" thread ... here's a place to let it all hang out without mixing in conversation about simulated NCAA Tournaments and the like.

Carry on ...

For starters, here's what I think is a non-paywalled piece on The Dispatch about the timeline (and breakdowns) in the COVID-19 testing protocol in the US. Suffice to say we need a top down, bottom up overall at the FDA. https://thedispatch.com/p/timeline-the-regulationsand-regulatorsthat

a Dr. can give you any FDA approved drug for any illness. That's called off label use. So it is possible to give people the malaria drugs for COVID 19. Of course the Dr has to consider whether it will work, the side effects and if it may even do harm.

I own a lab. We are testing for COVID19 starting Tuesday. Finally ready. If anyone needs anything let me know.

Where are you getting test kits? LabCorps here in NC says they are making a lot of test kits. They are based about 30 miles west of Raleigh

Labcorp is the devil.

Test kits are swabs. We have them coming. Was supposed to be yesterday but now Tuesday.

They treat people like a number, lose tests all the time, can’t get answers from, don’t pay on time. I could go on. I hate them and quest.

I’ve a friend who’s been waiting over a week for her test results. She’s over the hump and feeling better by the day now.

They treat people like a number, lose tests all the time, can’t get answers from, don’t pay on time. I could go on. I hate them and quest.
I did some construction work for LabCorp back before they became an international behemoth. I can confirm that they are of the devil and treat employees, contractors, landlords and pretty much everybody else they come in contact with like chattel.

That said, right now we need heavy volume commercial labs and testing facilities like those evil bastages ... so go with God, boys. Test your little brains out.

During walks in my neighborhood, I'm noticing a LOT more people doing the same. What's more, everyone is being super friendly (not really a huge change here in Raleigh, but noticable), so I suppose there is a silver lining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back