• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida taxes won’t let the gas go low.
NC's are pretty high also, especially in Wake County and the other high population counties. They're mostly quoting discount club rates where you get a percentage off for maintaining some sort of membership or rewards points. Street pricing is still close to 2 bucks, and our pricing in Raleigh is generally only about 2-5% less than Orlando's. South Carolina on the other hand ... whew. Their retail pricing is running around $1.50 right now.

I filled up my tank about a week and a half ago but have barely touched my car since then. The only time I use it is to go to the grocery store around the corner from my house

NC's are pretty high also, especially in Wake County and the other high population counties. They're mostly quoting discount club rates where you get a percentage off for maintaining some sort of membership or rewards points. Street pricing is still close to 2 bucks, and our pricing in Raleigh is generally only about 2-5% less than Orlando's. South Carolina on the other hand ... whew. Their retail pricing is running around $1.50 right now.

When my daughter was playing hockey, I’d try to gas up in Garner. The prices on US-70 near the Garner Ice House were always 10-20 cents less per gallon than North Raleigh. A quick search on the Sheetz app shows $1.72 in Fuquay but $1.99 on Glenwood Ave in Raleigh. Improbably, the Sheetz near Wakefield is $1.62.

I filled up my tank about a week and a half ago but have barely touched my car since then. The only time I use it is to go to the grocery store around the corner from my house

I took my car out on Saturday, it had sat for a week. A quick Wegmans run just to give her some exercise.

Anyone do great haircuts in here? NC shutting down all barbers and salons until further notice...it's already been 6 weeks for me since my last one, add on another 6 weeks or more and I should look like Brent Burns or Jumbo Joe Thornton if I decided to let the facial hair go too...but the experts say woolly beards promote COVID-19 as well.

Anyone do great haircuts in here? NC shutting down all barbers and salons until further notice...it's already been 6 weeks for me since my last one, add on another 6 weeks or more and I should look like Brent Burns or Jumbo Joe Thornton if I decided to let the facial hair go too...but the experts say woolly beards promote COVID-19 as well.

The lady who owns the salon my wife and I go to called today. They’re being told that the target re-opening is May 1, but that was before Cooper’s presser today.

One advantage of getting old is that beard growth slows considerably, so I don’t have to worry about that, just looking like an aging hippie. I have a bandana around the house somewhere.

I only fill up maybe twice a month in normal times, but since we shut things down nearly two weeks ago I'm stuck with the 9/10 full tank of expensive gas I pumped back on like March 4th.

The lady who owns the salon my wife and I go to called today. They’re being told that the target re-opening is May 1, but that was before Cooper’s presser today.

One advantage of getting old is that beard growth slows considerably, so I don’t have to worry about that, just looking like an aging hippie. I have a bandana around the house somewhere.
I'm shaving once a week at this point. And honestly I'm only doing that because
A. I look like crap with a beard and
2. It helps me keep track of the days if I shave on Sundays

That's similar to advice I got from a sailor... Make a routine and stick to it. Steak Saturdays Salad Sundays. Since we aren't out on the sea or a sub go for a walk at X time. Take a few breaks if working from home (similar to the ones you'd do at work to the water fountain or coffee refill). It helps separate the time and keep it flowing.. (Unlike when I got ill and was unable to do much of anything for a month :( ) Also try and give each other a bit of time to themselves. Enjoy your porches (Other then the seasonal allergy sufferers...

Me personally I have to go in for work... I fully expect to get this and it sucks feeling this way.

Me personally I have to go in for work... I fully expect to get this and it sucks feeling this way.

Ugh ... I hate that for you. I joke a lot about working from home, but right now that's an absolute blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back