• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully Advance Auto Parts has been deemed as an essential business.
Anybody who sells engine parts will be essential until we somehow stop needing massive, urgent over the road delivery systems.

Note that gun and ammo shops are excluded from a lot of these shelter in place orders ... for reasons I assume.

wake sheriff says no more pistol permits for a while. They had too many people showing up . I guess people had visions of Mad Max type world.

I'll deem myself to be an essential business. It's essential to stay in business to have an income.

NJ liquor stores are open , they were deemed essential. They are privately owned like most states.

That includes wine. Supermarkets can’t sell that, only beer. All other alcoholic beverages in New Jersey are sold at liquor stores.

Honestly ... I don't wanna deal with half the world detoxing off alcohol on top of everything else, so yeah ... keep the booze supply going, please.

Too damned bad pot's not legal here. Can be diverted and calmed down at the same time. Hell, with what they grow today, you're damned near comatose at one bong hit!

Too damned bad pot's not legal here. Can be diverted and calmed down at the same time. Hell, with what they grow today, you're damned near comatose at one bong hit!

Many states have allowed dispensaries to remain open as essential businesses. Some have closed recreational shops but allowed medical dispensaries to stay open. Just like liquor stores, it’s good business for states, which are also faced with shrinking sales tax revenue from closing non-essential stores.

Honestly ... I don't wanna deal with half the world detoxing off alcohol on top of everything else, so yeah ... keep the booze supply going, please.
My wife just got back from stocking us up from the ABC store. The cashier was very impatient with her as she tried to figure out how to sign for her credit card purchase without touching anything. She ripped off part of the paper bag and used that to pick up the digital pen!

I lived in NJ as a young kid. My father bought some beer but he had just had hernia surgery so he asked me to carry it out of the store. The cashier said no way a kid could carry beer out so he put it in the car for us . Guess he just thought it looked bad or maybe it was a law.

My wife just got back from stocking us up from the ABC store. The cashier was very impatient with her as she tried to figure out how to sign for her credit card purchase without touching anything. She ripped off part of the paper bag and used that to pick up the digital pen!
My wife had a box of gloves in the car. Whether she gets out she puts a pair on then discards before getting back in car. For that very reason.

FYI Apple pay or Samsung pay work very well.

That reminds me time to go get a bit more scotch... Not the good stuff the drinkable stuff. I think I'll need a bunch :)

My wife had a box of gloves in the car. Whether she gets out she puts a pair on then discards before getting back in car. For that very reason.

The lady in front of me at the Costco gas station on Saturday put on a pair of latex gloves before pumping her gas. A lady in front of me at the supermarket was wearing leather gloves, which kind of defeats the purpose, no?

I use Apple Pay whenever I can. Our state liquor stores don’t accept it yet.

I just got a wine delivery from FedEx. Since it’s alcohol, it requires a signature of someone over 21. The driver put the box on the porch and told me he’d sign so I didn’t have to touch his equipment.

The Champions League match between Atalanta and Valencia, played in Milan on February 19 is being dubbed “Game Zero” and likely led to the explosion of Covid-19 cases in Bergamo, where Atalanta is based and resulted in 35% of Valencia’s squad testing positive. It was held 2 days before the first locally transmitted case in Italy was confirmed.

My wife went very early to the grocery store on Sunday to shop for essentials, a man was harassing just about anyone he could find in the store that was wearing rubber gloves, mask, etc and was screaming that hospitals need them and everyone should be ashamed of themselves. No one knows everyone's circumstances as it relates to their situation, so this type of behavior is certainly not what you want out and about roaming the businesses that are open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back