• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

COVID-19 Thread

Not at all. Even if we manage to slightly get this thing under control by July, gathering athletes from every nation together, mingling, and then all going back to their home countries is a terrible fucking idea.

From a health and safety standpoint it's a no brainer.

Then there's the fact that thee athlete's will have been out of competition for months.

The whole thing will definitely be cancelled.

From a health and safety standpoint it's a no brainer.

Then there's the fact that thee athlete's will have been out of competition for months.

The whole thing will definitely be cancelled.

Or at least postponed until 2021. I doubt it’s just outright cancelled.

My uncle in Montreal died this morning. He had lung cancer but wasn’t close to death yet. Waiting to hear if it was the cancer or this crap. None of us can attend the funeral from here either. This shit sucks hard.

My uncle in Montreal died this morning. He had lung cancer but wasn’t close to death yet. Waiting to hear if it was the cancer or this crap. None of us can attend the funeral from here either. This shit sucks hard.

condolences Habsy to your families

Contracts won't role over.

Wonder if the NHL and or networks have an some sort of Act of God clause in their language

If the cap tanks lets say 20% , can existing salaries be adjusted downward

Rogers already lost their shirt in this TV deal , this will hammer them more

Wonder if the NHL and or networks have an some sort of Act of God clause in their language

If the cap tanks lets say 20% , can existing salaries be adjusted downward

Rogers already lost their shirt in this TV deal , this will hammer them more
good for Rogers.

I really doubt players will agree to their salaries tanking and then escrow on top of that.

Sets up the habs nicely for next season.

good for Rogers.

I really doubt players will agree to their salaries tanking and then escrow on top of that.

Sets up the habs nicely for next season.

Something has to get figured out , the shit will hit the fan with the union if the UFA`s get screwed or upfront bonus money is decreased for existing contracts

Something has to get figured out , the shit will hit the fan with the union if the UFA`s get screwed or upfront bonus money is decreased for existing contracts
How many NHLers are without contracts any given offseason? 10 percent?

Is the 90 percent going to sacrifice their salary next season for those 10 percent? How many of those 90 percent are on their last year of their contract and

A) are on their way out of the league

B) being obscenely overpaid and are due for a correction?

How many NHLers are without contracts any given offseason? 10 percent?

Is the 90 percent going to sacrifice their salary next season for those 10 percent? How many of those 90 percent are on their last year of their contract and

A) are on their way out of the league

B) being obscenely overpaid and are due for a correction?

I think its way more than 10% Altair ....more like 25% IMO in the offseason

Probably 40-50% are on their last contracts or in a horrendous contract

Sorry to hear this.

Back