• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

FI Dynasty Hockey League Discussion 2018-19

Habspatrol

ADMINuteman
Staff member
Also, jonas whined when I said I was going to enter the dispersal draft... threatened to drop out. Total puss move.

Matrim

Also, jonas whined when I said I was going to enter the dispersal draft... threatened to drop out. Total puss move.
Maybe he'll use the money to pay people he owes money to...nah what am I thinking, that would mean he's not a total prick.

axlsalinger

I have been in contact with Thunder previously, and he will be taking over the team which Volcano confirmed a couple of weeks back. I've been super busy lately and just haven't had time, but we should get the ball rolling on league events this week.

I'll set up an offseason thread shortly. If someone is able to help in sorting out the draft order, let me know.

Sent a pm to Thunder to get his email address, I'll process the transfer once he gets back to me. Apologies to both he and Volc for the delay.

Thunder

Greetings fellow GMs !

I am grateful for the opportunity to take over Volcanologist's team and excited to join the FI Dynasty Hockey League.

I have been making yearly fantasy hockey pools for the last 15 years without ever participating in a dynasty hockey league.
This is also my first time using Fantrax. I will be going over this forum and Fantrax in the next couple of days to learn about the league, the rules and familiarise myself with the platform.
If any of you have advices or tips about the league rules or Fantrax, feel free to share or to PM me.

The Thunder is getting ready for it's inaugural season and will be open for business on draft day !

Habspatrol

ADMINuteman
Staff member
Greetings fellow GMs !

I am grateful for the opportunity to take over Volcanologist's team and excited to join the FI Dynasty Hockey League.

I have been making yearly fantasy hockey pools for the last 15 years without ever participating in a dynasty hockey league.
This is also my first time using Fantrax. I will be going over this forum and Fantrax in the next couple of days to learn about the league, the rules and familiarise myself with the platform.
If any of you have advices or tips about the league rules or Fantrax, feel free to share or to PM me.

The Thunder is getting ready for it's inaugural season and will be open for business on draft day !
Welcome aboard Thunder. I am sure you'll be an excellent addition to the league.

Be sure to familiarize yourself with the scoring and the league in general before making any trades.

I (and others) are always available to bounce ideas off of, especially early on. Most of us lean on other managers for their opinions, even several years in.

axlsalinger

Welcome aboard Thunder!

I am sure many others will agree with me on this, redraft leagues are cool but there's nothing better than dynasty leagues. They add a whole other dimension to learning about prospects and players, and are just way more fun overall. Learn about rules/scoring first and definitely let us know if you have any questions.

I think a lot of us tend to use FP/G as a tool in evaluating player values (not for prospects).

Habspatrol

ADMINuteman
Staff member
Yeah these dynasty leagues (FI Hockey and Baseball) are by far the best leagues I've ever been in... and I've been in a lot of leagues over the years.

Thunder

I have gone over the NHL Dynasty Rules Thread before starting over Fantrax, and now noticed that they are a bit different with the Rules Summary on Fantrax. I assume that the rules have changed/evolved over time and that the FI thread has just not been updated.

I have question regarding the Maximum Total Players which is set at 25.
Is the Maximum Total Players the sum of Active Players/Goaltenders and Reserve Players/Goaltenders ?

That's what I thought it was before seeing that the Maximum Reserve Players is set at 6.
With the Maximum Players at 20 that would make a potential of 26..?

Is it so we could have 19 Active Players and 6 Reserve Players, respecting the Maximum Total Players of 25, if we are so inclined ?

fergy57

Just sent you a PM.

I think* that the extra player slot is intended for a goalie, but I'm not 100% sure on that (ie you could have 5 bench players and 1 bench goalie, but not 6 bench players).

axlsalinger

The reason for that is that the Max GP for goalies is 90. If you've got 2 starters on the active roster, you can easily go over without realizing too early in the season. This way you can start just 1 goalie, put the other guy on reserve, and not use up one of your 5 reserve spots to do so. (The 5 reserves can be any position, including G).

Habspatrol

ADMINuteman
Staff member
Yeah, I think Fergy is right... If I'm understanding the question.

There's an extra bench spot so that you can play just one goalie if need be.