• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Frenzy

Metalleaf

maxresdefault.jpg

Recently Signed Players UFAs:

Devan Dubnyk: 6 years; $25M ($4.16M AAV)
Carl Soderberg: 5 years; $23.75M ($4.75M AAV)
Jay Beagle: 3 years; $5.25M ($1.75M AAV)
Antti Niemi: 3 years; $13.5M ($4.5M AAV)
Mike Fisher: 2 years; $8.8M ($4.4M AAV)

Top 10 Unrestricted Free Agents:

1. Mike Green
2. Cody Franson
3. Matt Beleskey
4. Martin St. Louis
5. Antoine Vermette
6. Paul Martin
7. Joel Ward
8. Francois Beauchemin
9. Justin Williams
10. Michael Frolik

Other names:

Fowards
Eric Fehr, Jiri Tlusty, Brad Richards, Mike Richards, Cody Hodgson, Drew Stafford, Erik Cole, Curtis Glencross, Shawn Matthias, Mike Ribeiro(assuming he's not in jail).

Defence
Johnny Oduya, Marek Zidlicky, Lubomir Visnovsky, Christian Ehrhoff, Barret Jackman, Zbynek Michalek

Goalies
Jhonas Enroth, Karri Ramo, Michal Neuvirth, Viktor Fasth, Josh Harding

Man, is that list of available UFA's ever a dumpster fire. Some real marginal talent is about to get really overpaid.

I think you can also take Josh Harding off the list, unless scientists have found a cure for MS.

Could see the Leafs being interested in guys with good possession numbers. Highly doubt they will get into any money fights though.

Cody Franson is the #2 UFA this summer. 'Nuff said.

I think we should resign Franson again, trade him again, then trade that pick again a few times and end up with 2 steals in next years draft.

That formula works for me.

Yeah, if he really wants to come back and the Leafs can get him on a reasonable deal, I say do it.

I think Brad Richards would be a great get for us.

A solid vet who can mentor the youngsters we put on the team, a guy who just won another cup and can now glide a bit the rest of the way, and someone who'd get us something great at the deadline from a competing team (maybe even the Hawks again).

Yeah, if he really wants to come back and the Leafs can get him on a reasonable deal, I say do it.

He has already expressed he doesnt want a reasonable deal. Of course he did himself a huge disservice by sucking large in Nashville.

I say no thanks.

No going backwards.

And he's going to want $6M per for long term anyway, so there's zero chance.

I don't see him getting $6M/per long term anywhere. Then again, perhaps he cashes in ala David Clarkson. But I really don't see it happening.

Our front office should put their feet up and have a few beers on July 1st and when the dust settles and there's undervalued players without a contract, point to Santorelli, Winnik, Raymond, etc. and say "See? This is what you could have."

Then trade them at the deadline.

No big contracts.

I could see them making another Robidas type of July 1 signing. Short term deal. But nothing like Franson.

I wonder who they are targeting.

I think Montreal will go all in on Frolik and Beleskey. I think Leafs will have interest or kick tires on Ward, Ehrhoff, Franson, Frolik, Hodgson, Matthias...and probably a bunch of lesser names.

Back