• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #1 - AUG 2 8pm SN - The Covid Cup is Ours

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
Have a feeling it might be a tight game. Though if they call as many penalties as they have in other games that could create some offense. Or as zeke likes to call it, fake goals that dont actually count or matter.
The officiating has been mid season horrendous so far. Way too many calls in the first several games.

I'm taking the over.

Habsy

Bummer dude. Nothing worse than psyching yourself up for something only to have it canceled.

Call zeke, he'll hook you up. We just want it streamed live.

soco22

It's interesting - Torts is definitely trying his best to ice a lineup he can roll lines with, which makes me think he won't be hard matching lines so much.

He could have chosen to make a clear matchup line but he didn't.

And yeah in fact looking at the numbers there I wouldn't be shocked if the dubois line is the one getting the easiest matchups of the top 3 lines.

He’s a visitor - so maybe just preparing for no last change for first two games

LeafOfFaith

Honestly, how could he match up even if he wanted to? Neutralize Matty and Tavares will kill you.

His best bet is to hope all four lines play the best they can when they’re on the ice.

Habsy

Bad ice hurts speed.
Not every team relies on it to the same extent. As a matter if fact it could be argued there are more fast young teams now more than ever.
Habs play a speed game. They played on the same surface as the Pens yet looked faster than the Pens for much of the game after they weathered the first 10 minute onslaught.

Preston

I think bad ice hurts skill more than speed. Makes it a choppy game with a lack of crisp passes or fluidity. Benefits those that make their money working construction and hurts the sexy finesse Willy types.

Habsy

I think bad ice hurts skill more than speed. Makes it a choppy game with a lack of crisp passes or fluidity. Benefits those that make their money working construction and hurts the sexy finesse Willy types.
So Habs win the cup?

BeLeafer

resurrected
Pregame routine ...

- do the 'no rain' dance
- grill up some nice grassfed rib steaks
- eat with a nice chianti
- stiff shot of bourbon
- huff on the hash pipe
- all primed and ready for whatever crazy shit happens