• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #46: Jan 12, 2020, 7:00 - Sweeps Week

zeke

So even though this 3 day break has seemed like forever, we're actually one week away from the really long full-week break next week.

We're getting 4gms packed in this week, but thankfully no back to backs.

All 4gms are against teams below is in the standings, though 2 of them - FLA, CGY are playing a bit better and fighting for their playoffs lives.

Tonight's game against the panthers I think is the toughest. We are the playoff team closest to them and 2pts tonight would be huge for them. They'll be coming out strong, so we better not have the Florida Flu tonight.

If we win all 4 games this week we head into the break at a 104pt pace and likely clear the CAR/COL/DAL group in the standings and put ourselves right behind the top-6 teams heading into the final 2/5ths of the season.

If we win 3, we keep ourselves at a 100pt pace at the break just above the bubble teams but still stuck in the middle of the 2nd tier group.

If we win 2 or less than we're right back in the bubble at the break, with a fairly long 6gm cold streak, which will lead to a full off week of leafs nation panic freakout toldyouso shitstorming, which is always fun.

Anyways, fred better wake up, as he's mostly responsible for the missed points the last 2gms. I do think Hutch will get the Tuesday game vs detroit though.

And of course, after the break we likely come out near full strength, with all of muzzin, johnsson, and moore likely coming back and only Mikheyev still out. Knock on wood.

Though AJ might even be back tonight, and is probably coming back before the break either way.

Only change that might happen to this lineup is AJ in for Tima:

20200112_144047.jpg

If AJ's back in tonight, have to figure it'll be:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Johnsson - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen

...and then, I dunno, Goat - Brooks - Spezza?

And yeah, an important stretch coming up. Would be nice to be solidly ahead of the bubble/boys and wild card race heading into the break. I'd rather worry about chasing Boston & Tampa than worry about Florida coming up behind us.

If AJ's back in tonight, have to figure it'll be:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Johnsson - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen

...and then, I dunno, Goat - Brooks - Spezza?

And yeah, an important stretch coming up. Would be nice to be solidly ahead of the bubble/boys and wild card race heading into the break. I'd rather worry about chasing Boston & Tampa than worry about Florida coming up behind us.

Johnsson was skating interchangeably with Timashov at practice. Not sure Keefe will break up the current lines right away.

Johnsson was skating interchangeably with Timashov at practice. Not sure Keefe will break up the current lines right away.

Makes sense breaking AJ in on the 4th line anyway. He's been out for a while now. If he's got jump and we're flat, then by all means move him up.

Hate to break it to you but he won’t care or remember. Give him your pinky to squeeze though and he’s set for the night.

Hate to break it to you but he won’t care or remember. Give with your pinky to squeeze though and he’s set for the night.
Oh wow I thought he'd automatically have full understanding of the game despite having a pea sized brain and basically being blind at this point (and most likely sleeping anyway).

Thanks for the heads up.

Oh wow I thought he'd automatically have full understanding of the game despite having a pea sized brain and basically being blind at this point (and most likely sleeping anyway).

Thanks for the heads up.

Does he have a full wardrobe of LEAF PJ`s and accessories

Thanks for the heads up.

You’re welcome. Just wanted you to temper expectations.

I’ll forego the layup joke you opened up.

You’re welcome. Just wanted you to temper expectations.
Thank you. It's too bad because I was looking forward to discussing corsi, xgf, and score impacts with him but I guess I'll have to wait till he's 5 or 6 days old.

Thanks for the heads up.

You should get him a twitter account. I'd like to hear his opinion on Nylander.

You should get him a twitter account. I'd like to hear his opinion on Nylander.
Just asked. His opinion on Nylander is "ahhwhahahhduahwahdhsuahshshq" which already makes him far more intelligent than boomer Leafs twitter.

Back