• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #56: Leafs @ Habs HNIC

If there’s any kind of toxicity, I’d wager it’s Kappy and/or Johnsson who definitely signed their deals with expectations of being fixtures in the top six. The fact that they haven’t likely wears on them but I won’t buy that it’s risen to the level of toxic.

Anyone ever figure out who “Dreger” is?

No, I've only got a picture of this van I saw him driving.

25084089031_47a97f9871_b.jpg

Dermott reminds me of Ian white.

I don't think Dermott is a talented as many of you do.
But I also thought that hainsey was better than he was being portrayed by others. Lol So what do I know lol!

I still think, the stand pat and wait till the off season, is the best possible outcome.
Unless Dubas makes a deal that is praised for the ages.
To many risks in parting with players like Kappy, Dermott etc. at this time.

With less than a third of the season still left, I am not sure if a new player for the leafs can make that much of a difference for this season (unless it is a goalie) .....

EK didn't even start to show his abilities with the sharks until after the quarter mark with that team.

Save the large purchases until the off season unless you can get that type of player for cents on the dollar..... which probably won't happen imho.

Btw ..... no way Dubas gets fired for this possible playoff miss this season.

I think that shanny believes in this team and in Dubas ....

If the leafs were to under perform next season and bow out in the first round or miss the playoffs, then all bets are off.

I think Dermott is pretty awesome. Not currently necessarily, but his skillset and compete level are excellent. He has the potential to grow into something really special, so I wouldn't want to move him at this point, but obviously the return dictates. It would have to be something very comparable that addresses a need (top pair RHD). Nothing less.

If Kap doesn't get to sit 1 game for being late, there are 0 stories about a "Cancer" in the dressing room.
Honestly just seems to me like he really really loves cocaine. Has every personality trait of a cokehead. Sleeping in for a 12pm practice just adds further proof for me.

But yeah that doesn't matter.

Not sure what the advanced stats are saying, but I feel Like Holl is slowing down.

Muzz/Holl have been beasting since muzz came back.

Muzz 54.4cf%, 58.5xgf%
Holl 55.5cf%, 58.2xgf%

Getting the toughest usage, too.

How was Holl without Muzz? I feel like his game is elevated to another level when Muzz is around. He had some iffy moments when he was out but admittedly that was all based on eye-test shit.

Btw, they should really keep Muzzin. I know it may seem like the move is to keep Dermott because he's younger and will be a lot cheaper, but Muzzin is really fucking good. I'd agree if Muzz and Dermy were even close to comparable but they just aren't. And they should be able to get a nice haul for Dermott if they really don't want him playing on the right side.

Muzzin-Holl
Rielly-dubas wizardry acquisition
Sandin-Liljegren

Honestly just seems to me like he really really loves cocaine. Has every personality trait of a cokehead. Sleeping in for a 12pm practice just adds further proof for me.

But yeah that doesn't matter.

Kap's per 60 lines of coke #'s are fantastic.

Just got back from Montreal. Wild time. Great fun at the game. Centre ice, first row, second level ... excellent seats. Still horse from yelling at Mucho.

Btw, they should really keep Muzzin. I know it may seem like the move is to keep Dermott because he's younger and will be a lot cheaper, but Muzzin is really fucking good. I'd agree if Muzz and Dermy were even close to comparable but they just aren't. And they should be able to get a nice haul for Dermott if they really don't want him playing on the right side.

Muzzin-Holl
Rielly-dubas wizardry acquisition
Sandin-Liljegren

Problem is that if Muzz is where you spend your money, there's not a lot of cake left for the right side of the blueline, but with a most obvious hole to fix.

You can either go:

Rielly-Holl
Dermott-XXXXX (with a bag of assets and cap space to fill that hole, so think AP, EK, etc)
Sandin-Lilly

Or

Rielly-Holl
Muzzin-XXXXX
Sandin-Lilly

With a bag of assets but not a whole lot of cap space to fill that slot.

Problem is that if Muzz is where you spend your money, there's not a lot of cake left for the right side of the blueline, but with a most obvious hole to fix.

You can either go:

Rielly-Holl
Dermott-XXXXX (with a bag of assets and cap space to fill that hole, so think AP, EK, etc)
Sandin-Lilly

Or

Rielly-Holl
Muzzin-XXXXX
Sandin-Lilly

With a bag of assets but not a whole lot of cap space to fill that slot.
It's a fair point. It entirely depends on who that mystery RHD is. If it ain't a big boy like AP or EK, I keep Muzzin and go cheap with that open RHD slot.

And honestly I'm not quite sure Muzzin on a reasonable deal is worse than AP at 10+ longterm.

EDIT: But of course I'm thinking Muzzin will be far cheaper than many of you here. So it all depends on cost.

Back