• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #57: Feb 11 7:00 - Yotes @ Leafs

Gutsy win anyways, let’s hope they’re mostly over the bug for the Pens. We will get throttled if we play like that.

I'm sure we have played/will play a sick team...here's hoping we get lucky and sort of follow the flu from team to team lol...weak opposition? Sure.

Yotes were skating their asses off. Made us look a little off, we aren't used to teams that can keep up that well with us. And the Yotes did. Hats off to them, they are building something there.

Montreals speed of play also threw us off. NHL is getting murderously fast these days. We aren't the only fast team out there any more.

Campbell cracks me up, how he nudges all his guys after he makes a save. Sorta cool, never seen that before ever. Guy is enthusiastic, as heck, gotta give him that.

How that one shot didn't go in, that was over his head? Well that is puck luck.

Speaking of puck luck, Matthews had none tonight, man, he coulda had four or five goals tonight, but the goalie and puck luck prevented it.

Again, thanks to big time players, Hyman and Kapanen. Our two best playoff guys, per capita, lets get into the playoffs for them to display their wares again.

And Liljegren? What is the deal? Guy is playing, according to my analytics, fantastic hockey, why isn't he getting more ice?

Damn, he has such good speed, command and size, this guy could turn into something really beastly. I think he is there pretty much already and he is just a kid.

Delighted with him. I like Sandin too. But Liljegren has number one potential. As long as the money and the bright lights doesn't distract him.

Last edited:
Pretty lucky finish last night, watching the play that lead up to the goal.

Dermott passes back to Campbell
Campbell quickly dumps to the sideboards
Stepan and Keller have numbers on Dermott, Keller collects the puck and passes out to Osterle
Osterle tries to settle a wild pass, Kapanen manages to chip is past and scores on the breakaway

I like the way Campbell plays the puck. He's not like Price or Smith, but he can make plays. He also turns it over and create chaos. But he is pretty confident with it. He legit tried to deke out a guy the other night, which is nuts.

I like the way Campbell plays the puck. He's not like Price or Smith, but he can make plays. He also turns it over and create chaos. But he is pretty confident with it. He legit tried to deke out a guy the other night, which is nuts.

For some reason, I see a bit of Cujo in his game.

Hard not to like Campbell. He’s played well overall and has taken responsibility when he hasn’t. Super complimentary towards the organization and his teammates. Seems very excited and grateful to be here.

Team looked a bit like they just came off an exhibition game in Wuhan. Love that we got the full 2 points though...that interference call that went our way was actually surprising. Thought for sure there would be no way that they would let us have that one.

Hard not to like Campbell. He’s played well overall and has taken responsibility when he hasn’t. Super complimentary towards the organization and his teammates. Seems very excited and grateful to be here.

Seems the team has taken to him quite a bit as well. Or maybe they are just happy to finally start getting timely saves

Back