• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #69, dude - 10pm - cody comes back

I was one of the rare people that wasn't in favour of signing Tavares, but even I don't buy this "Tavares screwed up the Leafs' internal cap" narrative. Tavares or no Tavares, Matthews would've been comparing himself to McDavid & Eichel and looking for a number in between the two of them, which is what he got. Nylander was comparing himself to Pastrnak, and looking to get that deal plus inflation.

And Marner's camp, JT or no JT, always would have been basing their ridiculous number off whatever Matthews got.

I was one of the rare people that wasn't in favour of signing Tavares, but even I don't buy this "Tavares screwed up the Leafs' internal cap" narrative. Tavares or no Tavares, Matthews would've been comparing himself to McDavid & Eichel and looking for a number in between the two of them, which is what he got. Nylander was comparing himself to Pastrnak, and looking to get that deal plus inflation.

And Marner's camp, JT or no JT, always would have been basing their ridiculous number off whatever Matthews got.

Did the media report , that Marner`s camp wanted 8x 8.8 at some point and Leafs said no ?

It's nice that the 2 most disliked current leafs - Barrie and Ceci - are UFA this year, and not signed for years and years like our most hated players used to be.

It's nice that the 2 most disliked current leafs - Barrie and Ceci - are UFA this year, and not signed for years and years like our most hated players used to be.

Which is why you can't bitch about Ceci...Dubas got out from Zaitsev' contract while it was public knowledge he wanted off of the Leafs
Frickin genius

I get it from Ottawa's standpoint. Obviously DJ Jazzy Smith liked Zaitsev, and sang his praises, and so they took a guy who actually wanted to play there and locked long term.

And I called it that Dubas would accept the arbitration award and roll the dice with Ceci, which he did and frankly hasn't really hurt us unless someone has inside info on another dman Dubas could have acquired for the same money and term. As it stands, he was a decent gap filler who conveniently disappears from the roster to gave way to someone better internally or gives us the flex to get someone outside the organization.

It's the only thing below average about the team. At worst, the team under Keefe has been average defensively. At worst.

Shots Attempts Against: 55.93 (16th)
Shots On Net Against: 30.79 (17th)
Scoring Chances Against: 27.59 (17th)
High Danger Against: 11.14 (17th)
Expected Goals Against: 2.59 (10th)

So the obvious question there is how can we be middle of the table in those "all situation" numbers but 10th in xGA? Because our shot/chance numbers on the penalty kill are anywhere between strong to excellent (and that's per/60, not just raw so it's not because we take few penalties) and they make up a solid chunk of any team's xG without making up a large number of your all situation totals. When viewed as a whole, this team is middle of the pack (aka: average) when it comes to shot volume and quality against. This is what an average team defence with bad goaltending looks like this season.

I get it.... you are more than happy with average.

But to me “average” puts teams in the middle of the league on the bubble where you may or may not make the playoffs.

I get it.... you are more than happy with average.

But to me “average” puts teams in the middle of the league on the bubble where you may or may not make the playoffs.

A few things

-I've never said that we can't improve defensively, just that we're not nearly as bad defensively as the narrative surrounding the team suggests
-Elite offensive teams with average defences have won Stanley Cups, and recently.

A few things

-I've never said that we can't improve defensively, just that we're not nearly as bad defensively as the narrative surrounding the team suggests
-Elite offensive teams with average defences have won Stanley Cups, and recently.

I wasn’t pointing to that narrative though.

For someone who keeps claiming that you're not pointing to those popular narratives, you sure use a lot of their phrases and arguments.

and I get the impression that you're a mediocre at best troll. So what now?

Oh great..... you are one of those guys who throws around the “troll” insult when someone disagrees with them lol.

Sorry I triggered you by stating that I am not enjoying this hockey so far despite the great analytics.

Oh great..... you are one of those guys who throws around the “troll” insult when someone disagrees with them lol.

Sorry I triggered you by stating that I am not enjoying this hockey so far despite the great analytics.

I didn't call you a troll until you started claiming I was "triggered". A word pretty much only used by someone who is trolling.

Back