• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Caps 7/29 4:00

Was Mike and Tripp at the arena calling the game or were they watching a stream of it? It seemed like they were a couple of seconds off of the action.

I forgot about that feeling of frustration while watching my favorite team lumber through a game. Thank goodness this one didn't count for anything, but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about the play-in series against the Rangers.

From the pictures I saw online, they were set up in the Deck at PNC. The Mighty Forslund, Mike Milbury and Brian Boucher are the only broadcasters on site in Toronto. The other NBC teams are broadcasting from NBC Sports studios in Stamford, CT. Doc Emrick is broadcasting from his house in Michigan. NBC is providing the world feed from Toronto, so even the Rogers teams are using the NBC feed, just as NBC is using the Rogers feed from Edmonton.

Was Mike and Tripp at the arena calling the game or were they watching a stream of it? It seemed like they were a couple of seconds off of the action.

I forgot about that feeling of frustration while watching my favorite team lumber through a game. Thank goodness this one didn't count for anything, but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about the play-in series against the Rangers.
Luckily the Rangers looked like garbage too.

Canes had a nice push at the end, and looks like nobody got hurt. Surprising level of physicality. Svetchnikov answering a hit by Ovie the shift previous with a bone crusher of his own. There was lots to like.

I thought the energy level was pretty good, but the puck handling was a bit heavy handed, which we pretty much expected. I was most disappointed by Nino's late poke check at the offensive blue line that directly led to the Caps' third goal, when he should have been getting his feet moving (McGinn also seemed slow getting back on Ovie, although Ovie does that to a lot of guys). Both goalies seemed up to it.

I thought Trocheck, Aho, Svech, Slavin, and Fleury had good speed and looked ready. Reimer looked good in net, too. I feel like we're stuck in a time warp with Edmonson and to a lesser extent, Nino (who appears fast and agile but isn't producing). Vatanen, Skjei need some work.

I watched the game yesterday and then this morning/afternoon, the re-broadcast with Forslund and Boucher was on. Oh, my! What a difference their call made the game look and sound. Good hockey discussion about how both teams looked, the excellence of just having Forslund and Boucher talk and analyze play. Maniscalco is the guy to have a beer and talk hockey with, but he's not the same caliber as Forslund-- he might get there, or not.

Reimer looked to be the better goalie. I have to wonder if Mr Azek will be able to ramp up emotionally without the crowds and the noise, he is such an emotionally goalie and has to find something to grind his gears and get him going. Sami Vatanan looked good-- very solid on the power play. Edmunson is slow. Hate Tom Wilson, but wish we had him. Loved the pick up of Trochek when we got him at the trade deadline and I liked his play yesterday.

this morning/afternoon, the re-broadcast with Forslund and Boucher was on. Oh, my! What a difference their call made the game look and sound.

Dang, a little heads up on that too much to ask? :D I didn't even think to look for a replay of the blacked out NBCSN feed.... :(

Busy as a one armed paper hanger, but I'm here to say that Carolina isn 't the only team that has looked sluggish in these practice games. In fact, that's been more the norm than looking sharp. Best as I can tell the more veteran teams are going to have a huge advantage early in these preliminary serieseseses. Those guys just know how to get in gear quicker than the kids do. That shouldn't help NYR over Carolina ... neither are what you'd call older teams, although they both have key vets.

Busy as a one armed paper hanger, but I'm here to say that Carolina isn 't the only team that has looked sluggish in these practice games. In fact, that's been more the norm than looking sharp. Best as I can tell the more veteran teams are going to have a huge advantage early in these preliminary serieseseses. Those guys just know how to get in gear quicker than the kids do. That shouldn't help NYR over Carolina ... neither are what you'd call older teams, although they both have key vets.

I saw a decent amount of Bruins-Jackets 1sr period. Bruins looked terrible. With a capital T. But older team, vets, yada, yada, yada.

I saw a decent amount of Bruins-Jackets 1sr period. Bruins looked terrible. With a capital T. But older team, vets, yada, yada, yada.
Yeah ... my theory is just that, a theory. Either way, Carolina was by no means the only team to look a little clunky in their practice game. That was the bigger point. And to be honest, I didn't think they played all that badly. Rusty, to be sure ... timing a bit off, some pucks juggled or fumbled, a few slow decisions ... but not bad, per se. This whole thing's a crapshoot anyway.

Back