• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Kings 1/11 7:00

I heard that Reimer had to switch to his regular mask for part of one period... I wonder if there are any photos of that...

Edit: Found some video of it on in the first period recap on the Canes website.
Yeah, he used the darker home helmet so it blended in pretty well. I think he broke a strap on the other one.

For the record, that game was hideous. The refs completely abdicated their duties and allowed LA to slog that thing down to 5 years ago speed ... hooking, holding, water skiing, running pick plays 20 feet away from the puck and otherwise acting like they were still playing for somebody named Sutter. Seriously, on one freaking shift I saw Jeff Carter get away with slashing two different defensemen, elbowing Reimer in the head and tackling a forward well away from the play at the whistle. He could have legitimately sat in the box for FIVE penalties on that one shift had anybody in stripes been in the mood to do anything resembling officiating a hockey game last night. Instead we got ten minutes of hockey followed by fifty minutes of unwatchable garbage. Good on Reimer to get the shutout. That's the only stupid thing worth remembering about that nonsense.

Back