• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Game 15 - Bruins @ Canadiens - 11/5/19 - 7:30EST

GEEMAN

Bruins are the model franchise for cap management presently in the NHL
Not at all , they paid their players before the explosion of salaries the last few years . They lucked out locking up Pasta and Marchand before they became superstars . If they were up this year like many of the young studs in the game it’s 10+mil on term deals.

They fooked up with Backes and let’s see how they handle Krug , if they can hold him in line in the 6-7 mil range set with others

Last edited:

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
Not at all , they paid their players before the explosion of salaries the last few years . They lucked out locking up Pasta and Marchand before they became superstars . If they were up this year like many of the young studs in the game it’s 10+mil on term deals.

They fooked up with Backes and let’s see how they handle Krug , if they can hold him in line in the 6-7 mil range set with others
Having Marchand and Pastarnak locked up at those deals is a steal.

Each team has the **** ups like backes

GEEMAN

Having Marchand and Pastarnak locked up at those deals is a steal.

Each team has the **** ups like backes
No excuse for any team to have that Backes fckup unless the owner tells the GM that's my son in law or he has pictures of me and its not my wife

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
No excuse for any team to have that Backes fckup unless the owner tells the GM that's my son in law or he has pictures of me and its not my wife
But most teams have a bad contract...it happens

GrandWazoo

I'm sure people complained about signing 29 years old forwards to 8 years deal. Which is what the Bruins did with Bergeron and Marchand.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
I'm sure people complained about signing 29 years old forwards to 8 years deal. Which is what the Bruins did with Bergeron and Marchand.
Marchand was signed after a 60 point season (then a career high). Then he jumped to 85 points. And now he's a 100 pt guy.

Crazy (and rare) career arc. Bruins got lucky.

GEEMAN

There was no chance those deals were horrendous 5 minutes after the ink dried . Signing a vet to term with the chance of having a few bad years is one thing , Lucic, Ladd , Backes, Alzner , or several of the Red Wings roster contracts are lunacy.

GrandWazoo

There was no chance those deals were horrendous 5 minutes after the ink dried . Signing a vet to term with the chance of having a few bad years is one thing , Lucic, Ladd , Backes, Alzner , or several of the Red Wings roster contracts are lunacy.
Of course it's different but weren't you bitching just a few days ago about the Preds signing a 29 years old Josi to a 8 years deal? Wouldn't the wisdom had been to trade Bergeron And Marchand for picks and prospects a while back then?

GEEMAN

Of course it's different but weren't you bitching just a few days ago about the Preds signing a 29 years old Josi to a 8 years deal? Wouldn't the wisdom had been to trade Bergeron And Marchand for picks and prospects a while back then?
I was agreeing with GGPX about Nashville and their situation with Josi and their accumulation of future contracts

GrandWazoo

I was agreeing with GGPX about Nashville and their situation with Josi and their accumulation of future contracts
I know. But I was making fun on the fact that the seemingly accepted wisdom of trading away players near the age of 30s on the verge of a new contract didn't seem to apply here.

GEEMAN

I know. But I was making fun on the fact that the seemingly accepted wisdom of trading away players near the age of 30s on the verge of a new contract didn't seem to apply here.
For me it all comes down to understanding your team structure and how you fit in the NHL food chain ... contenders , cap hell, gut time, etc.... and act accordingly

If your Jersey do you ink an often injured Hall to a monster deal nearing 30 and most likely having an albatross deal in 3 years

Teams have to make tough decisions

GrandWazoo

For me it all comes down to understanding your team structure and how you fit in the NHL food chain ... contenders , cap hell, gut time, etc.... and act accordingly

If your Jersey do you ink an often injured Hall to a monster deal nearing 30 and most likely having an albatross deal in 3 years

Teams have to make tough decisions
I'd be very wary of signing Hall to a long term deal.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
You do realize you’re actually saying nothing right?

“You trade your older players for assets... unless they’re good... if they’re not you blundered... if they are you’re a genius”